PDA

View Full Version : Small town park...

jkress
11-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Left town a little bit today to detect a little park in a small Iowa town. Tons of clad quarters and dimes, a few wheats and a Merc were my rewards. :clapping:

Although I am certainly excited about the silver, I am more excited that this park probably hasn't seen a detector for a little while because of all the clad.

I was there about 45 minutes before a big farm truck came by and pulled up right next to where I was digging. Turns out the guy threw his wife's diamond ring out in the yard about 25 years ago and asked me how much I would charge him to try to find it. I told him nothing and off we went. Unfortunately the yard had quite a bit of landscaping in the last 10 years and I was unable to find it for him. :ticked:

Got back to the park with a little bit of time left and made my finds.

I called Dave tonight and filled him in about the park..... we are going to hit it tomorrow. :yes:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-78.jpg

dave in iowa
11-08-2010, 12:26 AM
nice merc there joe.

z118
11-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Sounds like the perfect spot to me! Anywhere I can did a ton of clad with the chance for some silver is a dream spot for me!

RobW
11-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Nice finds.
His wife must have really ticked him off....was it his ex-wife? lol

coinnut
11-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Great potential, since the Merc and some Wheats are old :happydance01: You know there has got to be Barber hidden there with that newly looking dropped Merc. I can't wait for your next hunt there lol

angellionel
11-08-2010, 11:33 AM
There is more of the shiny stuff there. :drool: Have a great time detecting the park again!

pulltabsteve
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Great job at the park! I'd also go back to the guys house and give it another shot. Even if you dont find the ring maybe it holds some other treasures :peace: