PDA

View Full Version : Weekend finds - cool relic & wheat cents

milco
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Went out a couple times over the weekend. Managed a cool relic find at an old home site that has until this find not given up anything interesting. Also managed to pull six wheat cents from some hunted out park sites which made me feel pretty good also. They are 1913, 1918, 1936, 1939, 1946, 1949. Unfortunately, my silver drought continues, last silver coin was in July.

coinnut
11-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Nice brooch? Most of the ones I find have lost a lot of the stones too :confused: Must be very small prongs that just break off, or in this case glue lol You got some older wheats, the silver has to be hiding there somewhere. But if you can't get any, take a chance at a new site....any new one will do lol Sometimes it beats hitting the same spots over and over.

little man
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
you still have some go find there way to go

jkress
11-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Nice finds at the park. That many wheats almost suggests at least one silver there to find.

The jewelry piece is a great find for your collection.

If you are ever up for a road trip, Dave and I would love to get a hunt in with you. I can't guarantee silver, but more times than not one of the two of us will hit silver on our hunts together.

Congrats and good luck breaking that nasty silver dry spell.

Stang1968
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately, my silver drought continues, last silver coin was in July.

Still pretty good- My last silver find was in July 2009!

milco
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
If you are ever up for a road trip, Dave and I would love to get a hunt in with you. I can't guarantee silver, but more times than not one of the two of us will hit silver on our hunts together.

Thanks Joe! Trust me if I do make it out to SW Wis or NE Iowa you will be hearing from me, thanks for the invite and encouragement!