PDA

View Full Version : Broke My Lesche Digger Yesterday

milco
11-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Went out for a short hunt at lunch yesterday and broke my Lesche digger, ugh! Probably would have broke it right off if I had not noticed or felt give and bend/crack. To add insult to injury, it was a copper memorial at 5 inches. At least I have a spare Lesche digger!

UPDATE
I contacted customer service at WW Manufacturing in New Jersey and they instructed me to return the defective unit and they would be happy to replace it. It was that easy, no fuss, no muss, no hassles, just great customer service. I didn't even ask them if they would replace it and was not expecting them to since I had used it well for nearly a year. I just wanted them to see it.

Lowjiber
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Shut the front door! lol

I've never seen anyone break a Leache. That's gotta be some tough stuff you're digging in.

Jason in Enid
11-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Oh snap!

I think you are the first person I have ever heard of breaking a leshe. Maybe it's time to lay off the gym a bit. :stretcher:

coinnut
11-11-2010, 02:45 PM
It's them vitamins he's been taking lol Never broke a Lesche myself either. Maybe you just had a bad one. I would e mail them and ask them why?? :confused: Maybe they will give you another one. Is Lesche back together with the family members or is Preditor tools the place to go for quality tools. I heard some stories a while back on family members disagreeing on quality and one of the members starting Preditor tools? Anyone remember that?? Hope you get another one to replace the one that is flawed.

milco
11-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh snap!

I think you are the first person I have ever heard of breaking a leshe. Maybe it's time to lay off the gym a bit. :stretcher:

Funny! I am all of 5'6 and 160. If anything I have had too many 12 oz curls!!

del
11-11-2010, 05:04 PM
i've seen them bend with some real hard ground but not break before. :eyebrow:
glad the company made it right with you , its good to see a bussiness stand behind their work and take care of the customers. thumbsup01

If anything I have had too many 12 oz curls!!

:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i don't know
sure you haven't curled the kingers on a few occasions . lol lol

pulltabsteve
11-11-2010, 07:25 PM
How to Bend a Spoon with Your Mind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxSNuIx4m5k#ws) :grin: :grin: :grin:

Epi-hunter
11-12-2010, 12:11 AM
:)

I would bet they don't have a huge amount of people calling in to to say the lesche broke. :) I am sure they would love to keep that photo of yours, and the story, very quiet. :)

I'm glad they gave you a new one!

jkress
11-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I heard some stories a while back on family members disagreeing on quality and one of the members starting Preditor tools? Anyone remember that??

As of this spring they were still two different entities. Found multiple stories from different sources online detailing the fall out. Ended up ordering mine from the original owner at Predator and was extremely happy with the quality and service.

coinnut
11-13-2010, 06:45 PM
As of this spring they were still two different entities. Found multiple stories from different sources online detailing the fall out. Ended up ordering mine from the original owner at Predator and was extremely happy with the quality and service.

Yep, that is what I am going to do soon, as my digger is a bit old lol

kenfen
11-14-2010, 07:15 AM
I got mine from Predator and it's still going strong, that and the Raptor, which is basically a hand held bulldozer. I'd say the number that break like that is very small indeed.

Great customer service you got there. Now that's a quality company.

Regards, Ken

Bell-Two
11-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't know if is just my imagination or not, a friend just bought the WW version of the Lesche digger and to my eyes it did not seem as nice as the Predator one. The Predator one seems to have a nicer finish and still had the Hunt Wilde bicycle grip handle whereas the other seemed to have a less sturdy grip. The Predator version is made by the original designer and made on the original dies. Like I say maybe it just my perception of it. I have the Predator version and just got another for my wife I am pleased with them and the Predator shovel I have and would not deal elsewhere for a digger.

Napa Steve
12-22-2010, 01:36 AM
You must be one tough cookie to break a lesche, thats great service that the company is giving you.

Carver
12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow,,,,I've got a backup Lesche but never figured I'd need it. Maybe I'll hang on to it! :stretcher:

fastfwd
01-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh snap!

Yes indeed thats a first for me !

giant056
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
That's Chrome Moly steel, some really tough stuff they build dirt bike frames out of that.

greg
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes indeed thats a first for me !

Yep never saw that before. I have wore a few out before. I wore them down by more then a inch from the tip, but never broke one.

russellt
01-05-2011, 09:10 PM
all you had to was hammer that puppy straight and lay a good bead on one side and it would be golden ............... :poke:

odave
01-06-2011, 12:04 AM
That's a new one on Me too...Never seen one break or crack before.
Glad their sending You a new one thumbsup01 thumbsup01