PDA

View Full Version : '57 Day

pulltabsteve
11-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi gang! Headed out to meet a friend very early this morning to do some digging. Met up with Mike at a spot we've both been to before and usually always produces. Just last week he found a KG at this spot. Well...after about an hour in we were both on opposite ends of the woods. He ends up walking over to me and says he found another KG. Takes his pouch out of his pocket and its not there 8/ He says when he dug it out he rested it on his shovel to take a picture of it. Then came looking for me. In his excitement he must have left it on the shovel... We searched but came up empty. It was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. If we had more time Im sure we would have found it. Not too many people go to this place anymore because they all say it hunted out :grin: Next weekend we'll find it. All I found today at the 1st place was a wheat and clad pocket spills. I went home and went back out in the afternoon. Hit a park and a school. At the park I got the tiny buckle and the 2 buttons. At the school, I got the 57 wheat, 57 Rosie and the 57 Dog Tag :cheesysmile: Had a fun day today. Have a great week everyone :peace:

coinnut
11-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Lost a copper?? :blackeye: How can he sleep? lol Hope you guys find it. If you find it do you get to keep it? lol That park has some pretty old buttons in it. That buckle looks as old as the buttons too. Great relics from there.

pulltabsteve
11-14-2010, 07:47 PM
First off, if I lost it, I'd still be there looking for it. I wouldn't be able to leave. Secondly, I WOULDN'T have ever lost it :grin: :grin: :grin: As Im sure you know, when you're in the woods, all the trees look the same. We went to where he said he was then ended up 100 yards to the south. It will turn up.

coinnut
11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
First off, if I lost it, I'd still be there looking for it. I wouldn't be able to leave. Secondly, I WOULDN'T have ever lost it :grin: :grin: :grin: As Im sure you know, when you're in the woods, all the trees look the same. We went to where he said he was then ended up 100 yards to the south. It will turn up.

Yep to still looking for it, yep to never loosing it in the first place lol and yep to the trees looking the same :-\ lol I amaze myself at how bad my memory is. rofl

pulltabsteve
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Yep to still looking for it, yep to never loosing it in the first place lol and yep to the trees looking the same :-\ lol I amaze myself at how bad my memory is. rofl

LOL! Me too George. When you put the plug back in the hole and kick the leaves back over, It impossible to tell we've been there. I know the general area where it is so one of us will find it. Unless of course he did put it in his finds pouch and it fell out on the hike over to me... :cheesysmile:

Jason in Enid
11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Somebodies gonna be at a MD club saying wow, I found this KG right on the surface! This place aint hunted out Then the new rush will be on!

jkress
11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Great stuff! :clapping:

I usually only find the shinny end of pencils. lol

Congrats.

RobW
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Hope you played the lotto with the 57... lol

pulltabsteve
12-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Went out yesterday for a little hunt. I found the lost KG! :happydance01: It was right where we thought it would be. In the woods by some trees rofl rofl rofl . I called Mike this morning and told him I found it and I'll give it to him later today. No more sleepless nights <: Looks like a 1772.

angellionel
12-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Good deal! thumbsup01 I bet he will sleep better now. lol And it is a nice old one too. :yes:

jkress
12-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Great hunts!! :clapping:

If you hadn't re-found the copper, it might have ended up as one of the many 'I found an oldie just 1/4 deep' stories that you read so often.

I guess this explains why I've found some old coins just under the surface this last year. lol

Dig those gold signals.... there should be some nice karma coming your way soon. :yes:

coinnut
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Nice grab lol Glad you found it for him :clapping: Some of those George III's are counterfeits (which is a good thing - value wise). So a great coin back where it belongs. It's in real nice shape too

pulltabsteve
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Nice grab lol Glad you found it for him :clapping: Some of those George III's are counterfeits (which is a good thing - value wise). So a great coin back where it belongs. It's in real nice shape too

I looked in the red book and they have 2 1772s listed. In good condition they are listed as $100. and $200. :clapping:

zrickkid
12-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Nice job on returning the KG! Your a good guy. <:

tanacat
12-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh, missed this thread altogether. Too funny on all the '57s! That buckle is sharp looking, so intricate, I'm sure it's alot older that 1957 lol

WTG on finding the KG :beerbuddy: