PDA

View Full Version : MXT VDI'S

BOWSER
11-14-2010, 09:11 PM
after using the mxt for a while, 1 siver and 1 gold ring, i am finding i don't want to dig certain vdi numbers, is that normal or am i learning something.I ABSOULUTELY HATE 26 and 28's.I am hesitant at 56 8,s are iffy 35 is a no no. My question is am i goin about this the right way or am i nuts for bein too choosy.

BOWSER
11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
what the heck was i thinkin,i need my meds adjusted :beatdeadhorse: sorry

Lowjiber
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
lol I don't think you need your meds adjusted. We all think like that. lol

The best advice I ever got for an MXT was: If the VDI is +8...dig it. Jewelry with a high gold karat weight (22-24kt) hang out right there.

Avoiding those pesky mid-20's will eliminate a lot of pulltabs, but will also eliminate a lot of nickels too. Most buffalo's seem to hit a solid +18 for me, unless the soil is very mineralized. When I get a hit in the mid-20's, I raise the coil about 3...pulltabs will jump around when you do that, but nickels seem to hold their original VDI.

BOWSER
11-15-2010, 09:38 PM
thanks John i knew somebody would respond,i have found that in Boston soil nickles ,run from 18-22 .8's seem to always be those large silver disks of foil.and various pulltabs show up everywhwhere.the 35 always turns up trash.i'm just venting i guess,i'm so impatient. thanks for the reply and your help JIM

DaleGM
12-28-2010, 04:26 PM
how ya been Bowser :twirlingeyes: I look at the location Im at to help decide if Im going to dig those pesky tabs, picnic area, sidelines etc. but going for the gold this year Ive been digging the solid hits with locked in lock in VDI's and have done well with with the gold, to make a long story short you got to dig dig and dig again till you really know your machine

pulltabsteve
12-28-2010, 05:39 PM
lol I don't think you need your meds adjusted. We all think like that. lol
When I get a hit in the mid-20's, I raise the coil about 3...pulltabs will jump around when you do that, but nickels seem to hold their original VDI.

Great tip! Thanks :yes:

SeabeeRon
12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the MXT tips guys!! I usually dig on the beaches, but this time of year I hit more turf spots, so I can use all the help I can get! :twirlingeyes:

giant056
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
In the end my best discriminator is my lesche thumbsup01

Toadman
12-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Tot lots, I dig all.. Beach , I dig all. Woods, I dig all.. Guess i'm just way too curious, And don't want to miss any gold..

M-Taliesin
01-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Howdy Bowser!
I'm one of those guys that straddles the fence. I'll ignore quite a few signals, but mostly based on sound rather than VDI numbers. In fact, I have a real bad habit of going after a signal based entirely on sound without bothering to look at the display hardly ever. I'm trying to be better about this, but still, I tend to key in on the sound of the target.

Now that I have an MXT Pro, I am even more sound oriented than before. I hear a tone that sounds decent, and I'll dig. If it sounds like foil, I'll try to put forth at least a minimal effort to see if I can uncover it for I.D. purposes, but if I can't, I'll dig it anyway just to verify. I recently got a nice necklace marked 14k that hit right at about 16 or 17, and wouldn't normally dig that signal, but it was just too hard a hit to ignore. In other words, it sounded real juicy.

I can understanding passing on certain VDI numbers, but that path can be fraught with peril, and one might miss some gold in the foil range. So I'll tend to verify my signal when it looks like foil. I don't like to miss any gold!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin