PDA

View Full Version : Late afternoon hunt gives me silver...

jkress
11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
With the last 2 hours of daylight today open for me... I headed out again. :rolleyes:

I went back to a spot I hit several times last year with my Ace. I wasn't there too long before the first silver dime came out of hiding, the others followed in quick order.

Does anybody else with an Explorer notice how closely copper pennies and dimes sound? .... or is it just me?

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-93.jpg

dave in iowa
11-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Joe you are a silver magnet , doesnt that put you over 100?

Epi-hunter
11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
You ARE a silver magnet. Congrats!!

And yes, I remember the similarity between copper pennies and dimes on the SE. :yes:

coinnut
11-16-2010, 08:20 PM
4 silvers in 2 hours :shocked04: You done good lol Nice group of coins and a decent amount of good targets for the short time out. :clapping:

jkress
11-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Joe you are a silver magnet , doesnt that put you over 100?

not quite... I need a couple more. :yes:

You ARE a silver magnet. Congrats!!
And yes, I remember the similarity between copper pennies and dimes on the SE. :yes:

Thanks for the confirmation. Sometimes it drives me crazy. The wheats will often hit at 00-29. It's almost a flip of the proverbial coin when I dig those signals as to what is going to be in the hole. Do you notice a more pronounced difference on the Etrac between the wheats and the dimes?

del
11-16-2010, 08:24 PM
very good hunt in a short time , great looking silver :cheering:

jkress
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
4 silvers in 2 hours :shocked04: You done good lol Nice group of coins and a decent amount of good targets for the short time out. :clapping:

It was easy digging. It is a long stretch of brick sidewalk that is about 3 inches under the surface. The coins can't sink any further. :clapping: But there is a blanket of metal targets laying right on top of the old brick sidewalk. I was actually quite surprised I missed so many coins with my 250. Of course I didn't dig too many penny signals back then. The street light on the corner helped quite a bit too. :yes:

milco
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Big congrats on a great hunt there Joe! You gotta be close to the 100 mark, hope I didn't jinx you! The amount of wheats and IH's you have found this year is impressive. What is your total on the wheat cents and IH's??

Epi-hunter
11-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Do you notice a more pronounced difference on the Etrac between the wheats and the dimes?

Yes!!

But it may be just that I have more recent experience with the E-Trac. It is easy to tell wheats from dimes on the E-Trac... except when they are deep the rule is to dig them all... the silver dimes can come in much lower than expected depending on conditions.

jkress
11-16-2010, 09:56 PM
What is your total on the wheat cents and IH's??

Thanks milco... I think the reason I have gotten so many wheats this year is because, as we are just talking about, they ring up so, so close to a dime for me on my machine. Once I learned what the IH's sound like, I started scooping those up too. My counts are Wheats = 442 and Indian Heads = 45

Yes!!
But it may be just that I have more recent experience with the E-Trac. It is easy to tell wheats from dimes on the E-Trac

.... interesting. I really like the idea of getting a more accurate target id as well as everything else the Etrac has to offer. Maybe next year... :thinkingabout: :rolleyes:

catskillcomics
11-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Wow :shocked04: Nice Job Kress! You are really cranking out the silver Swweeet! <: :beerbuddy:

Jason in Enid
11-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Congrats on the great hunt! Those silver are sweet!

RobW
11-17-2010, 10:48 AM
That's a nice pile of wheats with some nice silver icing on top!

angellionel
11-17-2010, 12:33 PM
I like that photo. It reminds me of dessert. lol Beautiful pile of wheats and silver. thumbsup01

leslie(nova scotia)
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.......3 silver in one day is a gud dig in anyon'es books....congrats!