PDA

View Full Version : Another First - Barber Half

catskillcomics
11-17-2010, 03:05 PM
The weather lately has been a little unpredictable lately (no help from weather channel, I might add) >:\
So Instead of driving way over to the fairgrounds just to leave due to rain. I decided to hit a local park I haven't been to in a couple years. I knew it was somewhat old, as I had found wheaties there before.. so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

The ground is super soft and most targets (including clad) were very deep anywhere between 6-10 inches (with some occasion 12 inchers). It is also a somewhat trashy park, lots of buried beer cans, pull tabs & metal wine caps.
Yesterday I went for just two hours in the afternoon and landed several wheaties, and my first silver from this ground a 1939 Merc. :happydance01:
Today I went back for just an hour to find the overnight rains had totally saturated the grounds, with water standing everywhere... so I picked a few high spots and worked them.. this is where I have finally found my first silver half dollar ever.. 1911D Barber half.. <:
I can't wait for that park to dry up just a bit to head back there....

dave in iowa
11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
great looking barber , dont see many of them, here , i found 1 last year and 1 this year , good luck on your next hunt thumbsup01

z118
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
WOW! Big congrats, I know you were itching for a half and you got a great one! Great work!

Jason in Enid
11-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Wow, that is one sweet Barber! Congrats on the incredible find!

randy
11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Great find :happydance01: You don't see too many of them posted.

Epi-hunter
11-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Woo hoo!!! :happydance01: Nice find. That merc sure looks tiny compared to it :)

hockeyguy
11-17-2010, 07:23 PM
very nice...u were praying to the eTrac gods?

milco
11-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Congrats on an excellent find, that is so awesome!

jkress
11-17-2010, 09:16 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

Congrats on the awesome Barber! That had to make your day for sure... and for your first half, that's not bad at all. :peace:

You are pulling some real beauties there, sounds like you have your last place to hunt this year locked in.

Looking forward to seeing what you get next.

coinnut
11-17-2010, 11:57 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Congrats on your first half. I know how bad you wanted one lol That is a sweet coin. Now put it down and stop looking at it before you go blind rofl How deep was that puppy?? I'm taking it you are understanding what the E Trac is telling you?? Great hunt Scott :happydance01:

del
11-18-2010, 03:55 AM
:peace: :cheering: :peace: great big chunk o'silver ya found there Scott , very very sweet find :smitten: huge congrats to you :clapping: :clapping:

catskillcomics
11-18-2010, 05:44 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Congrats on your first half. I know how bad you wanted one lol That is a sweet coin. Now put it down and stop looking at it before you go blind rofl How deep was that puppy?? I'm taking it you are understanding what the E Trac is telling you?? Great hunt Scott :happydance01:

lol Yeh, I've handled it enough for today... it was between 8-10 inches.. when it landed on the dirt pile, I knew it was a half... but it was a great surprise to be a barber when I cleaned the mud off.. :clapping:

del
11-18-2010, 07:00 AM
lol Yeh, I've handled it enough for today... it was between 8-10 inches.. :clapping:

:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: hey Scott i know your excited but try to keep it clean , its a family oriented forum buddy lol lol rofl :poke:

just bustin ya man , your having some great karma with that new machine :clapping: :clapping:

catskillcomics
11-18-2010, 07:55 AM
rofl rofl There's nothing better than a hardy morning laugh

RobW
11-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow, you've been making some great finds lately. I'm going to have to start following you around. I've been following Angel, but he just doesn't leave ANYTHING behind besides those darn memorials! lol

SeabeeRon
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
A beautiful coin, congratz!! :beerbuddy:

tanacat
11-18-2010, 02:43 PM
:behave: naughty naughty dan lol

Wow :shocked04: that is totally AWESOME!!! :clapping: I bet you were sooooo elated and are still soaring high after finding that! I have yet to find one myself... Big time congrats :beerbuddy: