PDA

View Full Version : Wheaties and silver and pistols, OH MY!

Jason in Enid
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I was able to get out to do some more hunting the other day. I decided to hit an old apartment complex that I first hunted a few years ago. A bank had bought 2 of the 4 buildings and was about to tear them down to start construction. I hit them hard and often and got a lot of silver from those 2 buildings. I found a ton of wheats (ok, ot was dozens, but it was a lot for a small area) Mercs, Rosies, even Walking halves.

When they finally began demolishion I started hunting the remaining 2 buildings. It was like night and day. I barely found and clad at these spots. I tried different coils, different settings, but I just couldn't pull anything. I think I might have found 1 wheatie, but that was it. Certainly not the silver mine I had on the other yards. But its a couple years later, and I now have the E-trac. I did wind up finding 4 wheats, one merc, and a Derrigner pistol! It turned out to be a capgun, but it was an identical copy, solid metal, it even fired plastic bullets so it has a barrel. Oh well, it was a blast finding it!

I just got the video uploaded to YT, so if you want you can watch me start hunting this empty site.

Wheaties and Silver and Pistols oh my! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR3de4kl5O4#ws)

Ill Digger
11-18-2010, 11:44 AM
The whatzit is a handle off of an old razor :yes: I found a whole one last year just like yours.
The darringer sure did look real coming out of the ground and it cleaned up real nice. Still a cool find.
Love those Mercs :smitten:
Nice hunt...Congrats :grin:

SeabeeRon
11-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Nice video and finds Jason! :yes:

coinnut
11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Yep, I agree on the razor handle. I have found some of them before. But that cap pistol is :shocked04: Best find of the day by far :yes: They definitely don't make them like that anymore lol Nowdays, if you are lucky, it's made in a cheap white metal or a one piece plastic mold :ticked: Nice Merc and still a lot of potential, since you have not covered much area. The silver bonanza is holding out for next time lol

randy
11-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Nice hunt, congrats on the silver thumbsup01 There must be more there.

jkress
11-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice Merc!

I'll bet you are right... there has got to be more silver there.

Good luck.

Epi-hunter
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Congrats, that is one very cool pistol! thumbsup01