PDA

View Full Version : Short Hunt With 1147silver

angellionel
11-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I met up with Steve (1147silver) very early this morning to hit two sites he had selected. We spent about two hours detecting at the first site where I picked up several wheat cents, an Indian Head cent, and a mercury dime. After that Steve suggested we head to the second site, but once there we found that we were digging some deep clad and aluminum screw caps. :eyebrow: It appeared that the site had been layered with newer soil at some point, but we still worked it for about 40 minutes or so. :yes: We then tried to hit another site, but once there Steve received a call and had to leave. Just when we were getting warmed up. lol There was a common not far from the site so I headed there and detected for about two hours and picked up a 1905 Barber dime, three Indian Head cents, an old Eagle on Cannon Artillery button, and several old wheat cents.

Thanks for the invite, Steve! It was a pleasure to meet you and to detect together. :yes:

Here are today's finds.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silverandih_111810.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/oldbutton_111810.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/wheatcents_111810.jpg

These were from another hunt this past weekend. The Barber dime is dated 1906-S

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silverandcents_111310.jpg

HH!

randy
11-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice tribe there Angel (and of course silver). :clapping: Too bad about the site layered over with new topsoil :bangahead01: Is that ring with the setting silver?

del
11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
hey Angel very sweet finds :clapping: :clapping: your button is an artillery from 1808-1821 era , there usually associated with and called War of 1812 buttons . congrats on it and the very impressive coins.
glad you got out with another member and share a park or two with Steve

Dan

angellionel
11-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Nice tribe there Angel (and of course silver). :clapping: Too bad about the site layered over with new topsoil :bangahead01: Is that ring with the setting silver?

It is a silver ring. :yes: One of these days I'll find one with a real diamond. lol I like collecting the silver rings though. :beerbuddy:

hey Angel very sweet finds :clapping: :clapping: your button is an artillery from 1808-1821 era , there usually associated with and called War of 1812 buttons . congrats on it and the very impressive coins.
glad you got out with another member and share a park or two with Steve

Dan

The button is that old? :shocked04: I need to start paying more attention to the buttons. lol Thanks for the ID, Dan! thumbsup01

jkress
11-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Glad you guys got out for a hunt.

Nice bunch of keepers for the day. I think my favorite is the button... very old and an awesome piece to add to your collection.

Congrats.

milco
11-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Very nice hunt finds, congrats on the old button, very cool piece of history!

coinnut
11-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey I think that button is midieval or ancient, possibly pre-earth rofl Oh no, maybe that was the ring :eyebrow: ;) Nice that you and Steve had a chance to get a short hunt in. You got some decent finds. Not a bad day at all. You have to get on the ball and start cleaning some of them finds this winter :rolleyes: That common sure has potential :thinkingabout:

Epi-hunter
11-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Very nice finds, both of you :)

I especially like the button Angel.

wild willy
11-19-2010, 05:23 AM
hmm! notice how angel kinda slinks over to to common. :devilish: he knows whats there! SILVER DAM IT!! :shocked04: nice hunt bud. willy

Jason in Enid
11-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds like you two had at least a decent hunt. Any silver makes for a great hunt for me!

When I saw the title I just assumed that 1147 was the amount of silver you found. :dontknow:

Stang1968
11-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I've been waiting for your newest posts... I was itchin' to see where the silver count stands.
Nice hunting!

SeabeeRon
11-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Some really neat finds Angel, I'd take any of it! :drool: :twirlingeyes: I say you are still on track for the big 1000!!! :beatdeadhorse:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-19-2010, 11:02 PM
comon angel! not much time left till new years! your slackin pal! wheres the 10 silver days? :poke:
very nice hunt and sweet button!

angellionel
11-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Some really neat finds Angel, I'd take any of it! :drool: :twirlingeyes: I say you are still on track for the big 1000!!! :beatdeadhorse:

comon angel! not much time left till new years! your slackin pal! wheres the 10 silver days? :poke:
very nice hunt and sweet button!

I don't think I'll be hitting the 1,000 mark. :dontknow: The time change plus not being able to detect in the late afternoon has cut into my chances quite a bit. :ticked: I'll be trying out some new sites during the weekend so hopefully I may be able to add a few more pieces to the pile. :cheesysmile: Or maybe I should just be content and call it quits now. lol

jkress
11-20-2010, 08:33 AM
I don't think I'll be hitting the 1,000 mark.

... maybe you should cowboy up and do some water hunting again. :poke: You pulled some incredible numbers per hunt in the water this year. :yes:

Best of luck!

angellionel
11-20-2010, 05:31 PM
... maybe you should cowboy up and do some water hunting again. :poke: You pulled some incredible numbers per hunt in the water this year. :yes:

Best of luck!

And become a frozen prune? :shocked01: Cold water and I don't mix well. lol It would be nice to hit the shallow water again though. :yes:

zrickkid
11-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Really cool looking button. Have any pics of it all cleaned up?

angellionel
11-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Really cool looking button. Have any pics of it all cleaned up?

I haven't cleaned it. It's in the will-get-to-it pile. lol

Epi-hunter
11-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I haven't cleaned it. It's in the will-get-to-it pile. lol

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol

angellionel
11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol

:cheesysmile: