PDA

View Full Version : three silvers today

randy
11-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Went to my favorite site today for about three hours, and pulled a trio of silvers :happydance01:. All within 15 minutes of each other, so there was alot of dead time :sleepy:. Oddly, the quarter was the most shallow (only 2 inches, but on its side), and the rosie was the deepest (about 7-8 inches).

All the silvers were where the grass was really beat up and short. The taller grass, even tho only a couple inches high, but thick, may be costing me important depth, as much as I try to swing thru it as close to the ground as possible.

angellionel
11-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Sometimes is hard to figure out these coins and their depths. lol There are times when you can pick up from the same site an old silver coin just a few inches deep and then a clad dime at eight or more. :thinkingabout: But in the end what matters is that the the silver was found. :peace: Nice group of silver. thumbsup01

del
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
do you realize how much time and effort could be saved if they would just come up with a metal detecting weed wacker lol rofl rofl i'd buy one lol lol i'll have to submit an idea to both Whites and Craftsman to come together on a project. ;) seriously though , nice trio of silver Randy.

milco
11-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Nice bunch of silver!

jkress
11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Awesome silver recovery!!

That is a great hunt.

The depth of coins is a head scratcher... sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

Congrats.

coinnut
11-18-2010, 09:18 PM
do you realize how much time and effort could be saved if they would just come up with a metal detecting weed wacker

Add a chipper and stump grinder to that and I'll buy one too lol Nice finds Randy. 3 silvers is still a great hunt even if you only had to dig three holes all the time lol

Jason in Enid
11-19-2010, 09:09 AM
3 silvers makes for 3 times a better hunt! Congrats on the great finds!

SeabeeRon
11-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice!! Sure alot of silver turning up on this site!! :yes: