PDA

View Full Version : Today hunt

John S
11-19-2010, 03:43 PM
went to a little park for about 11/2 hr. and got 4.41 clad with the f75 and 3x7 coil.

coinnut
11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
went to a little park for about 11/2 hr. and got 4.41 clad with the f75 and 3x7 coil.

That is a good amount of clad for a short hunt. Is there much difference between the F75 and the F75 Limited?? Does that 3x7 go deep enough to get some silver that is masked in the trashy areas? I have heard some good things about the separation on the F75, but I also heard it can be a bit chattery. Sounds like you had some fun there.

John S
11-20-2010, 07:31 AM
I am sure that there is a difference in the f75 & the f75 limited but don't know what it is. Mine is the stander f75. And on the depth it will go as deep or a little deeper then the etrac with the x5 coil on. The 3x7 is a concentric coil and actually separate in the trash better then a DD coil does. The f75 is very very fast and in the trash I think will do a very good job. A lot of people have a hard time with how fast the f75 is. It is like a fisher old CZ but on steriods. Well here is a little story . I hunted a spot a few years back , it was in between the side walk & street about 100 yds. long with the etrac and x5 coil 3 times and then went back over it with the f75 and 3x7 coil. It was very trashy and I got 3 seated half. 1856-0 , 1855-0, and a 1861-0. And yes I do like the etrac , but a lot of people just don't under stand the f75. Hear is one of the half.

John S
11-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Sorry in the letter I hit a 6 needs to be a 8. thanks.

coinnut
11-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey John. I read you story and had to wonder why the E Trac wouldn't find a silver half dollar, no matter how much trash :confused: It got me thinking. You said that this happened a few years ago, so I'm thinking that would be right about when the machine was released, since it's not that old. I bought mine when it first come out (about a month after release). Then I remembered what happened to me on a hunt with Heavymetalnut (Dave). I used the stock coin program and went down a path. A couple minutes later HMN followed and got a half dollar signal at about 7. I couldn't believe I missed it, so I went over and ran the E Trac over the spot and I got NOTHING, not even a peep. Finally I realized I had it in the coin program, which has a flaw. The discriminator is set to reject half dollars and silver dollars. They released the machine and must have not tested the larger American coins. Once I opened up the screen, that half dollar signal screamed. It ended up being a gorgeous silvered colonial shoe buckle and Dave deserved to get it. But it taught me an important lesson on having a new machine...it takes a lot of time before you can figure out how to use it well. I was always comparing my E Trac to my DFX and was not happy. Finally I learned the E Trac and those kind of mistakes should hopefully not happen. If someone asked me how do you like your E Trac compared to your DFX back then, I would have said the E Trac sucks lol Just a thought Steve. I have no problems finding 7 silver dimes in a trash littered park. The half dollars would be no issue at all for the E Trac. Wondering if that may have happened to you with a new machine??

tanacat
11-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Cool G... that's good to know for anyone/any detector. When I first got my XLT a year ago, a friend immediately told me about turning up pre-amp gain because it was only set on 2. I doubt I woulda found any silver if I had just kept turning on and swingin' in the set coin and jewelry mode. Also learned needed to turn Tone ID and VCO on, which I had no idea until I read the instructions rofl who me?

John S
11-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Cool G... that's good to know for anyone/any detector. When I first got my XLT a year ago, a friend immediately told me about turning up pre-amp gain because it was only set on 2. I doubt I woulda found any silver if I had just kept turning on and swingin' in the set coin and jewelry mode. Also learned needed to turn Tone ID and VCO on, which I had no idea until I read the instructions rofl who me?
I all so had to open the screen up on the etrac. All so when you get in very heavy trash and iron no matter how slow you got with the x5 coil sometimes it will null and miss things. On mine screen (program) I only have a bar except on the rigrt hand corner where dollars fall. The bar is about 1/4 wide , that lets a lot of white in the center. I'm not downing the etrac . But sometimes just one detector well not do everything. A all so a half is large and in the heavy trash it can be masked with the trash.

John S
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Go to Minelab forum for more, please.

coinnut
11-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I all so had to open the screen up on the etrac. All so when you get in very heavy trash and iron no matter how slow you got with the x5 coil sometimes it will null and miss things. On mine screen (program) I only have a bar except on the rigrt hand corner where dollars fall. The bar is about 1/4 wide , that lets a lot of white in the center. I'm not downing the etrac . But sometimes just one detector well not do everything. A all so a half is large and in the heavy trash it can be masked with the trash.

Hey John,

Didn't think you were bashing the E Trac at all. I just wasn't sure if you were familiar with the flaws in the machine, since it must have just been released when you used it. I posted my pattern on your other post as well. Your pattern seems to cover iron and the wrap around (falsing) from iron well. No machine sees everything, that is true. After all, how would any of us know we are missing anything unless we try another machine on the same spot? When you located the targets with the F75, did you get a chance to try the E Trac to see if you could adjust it to find the target before digging, or did you just have the F75 that day? I'm still waiting for the day they release a machine that sees into the ground...and I ain't talking GPR (Ground penetrating radar) rofl I want a clear picture of every object in the ground :yes: That's not asking for much is it?? :confused:

John S
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM
I used the etrac for 2 day and then went back with the f75 with 3x7 coil. I think what did help find the coins was the concentric coil. I think they do better it the heavy trash. A smaller foot print. And I can't see where the f75 hulls??