PDA

View Full Version : a good day for silver

randy
11-20-2010, 02:56 PM
A little windy and cold, but stuck it out for a few hours at my favorite spot, and managed 5 silvers, a 1920 buff, and 11 wheaties. One of the mercs is quite abused, bent and all scratched up. One of the targets was quite iffy, dug a deep plug, and saw it in the bottom, but when I was closing the flap, saw the edge of another one in the plug, making it on its side. Also in the plug was a nickel, and the threshold nulled when I closed up and rescanned. Pretty complicated, good thing I got the silver out of there.

milco
11-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Great bunch of silver and the buff there!

Epi-hunter
11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Great score, especially on the iffy sounding coin spill! :yes: Wow, that merc looks like someone tried to melt it on one side.

angellionel
11-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Very good hunt, Randy! thumbsup01 That dime looks like it has been probed to death. :confused: I have found a few with similar scratches, as if someone had been probing for the target with a screwdriver but then gave up. :thinkingabout: But hey, they are still silver pieces. :peace:

coinnut
11-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Nice haul, but you have to do something about them silver moles. Something is eating them coins lol They took a chunk out of poor Mr. Roosevelt too. That place seems to give you silver to no end lol Great job!!

zrickkid
11-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Silver is still silver no matter how bad it looks. Nice hunting and good luck the rest of the year.

Jason in Enid
11-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Congrats on the great hunt. I don't think you should spoil your collection with the horrible looking Merc. You can send it to me at my home for wayward silver. It will be loved! :cheesysmile:

jkress
11-21-2010, 09:40 AM
That's a nice haul! :clapping:

Congrats on pulling multiples from one hole.

catskillcomics
11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Silver is Silver regardless of being bent , Scratched or like mine earlier this year burnt beyond reconigition ... a great hunt in my book!!! <: :beerbuddy: