PDA

View Full Version : DISCRIMINATION PATTERN QUESTION

1147SILVER
11-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I have a question why dont you block out the far left hand side I never see any good targets on that side or is it just me I am a rookie

1147 silver steve

coinnut
11-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a question why dont you block out the far left hand side I never see any good targets on that side or is it just me I am a rookie

1147 silver steve

Some of it is Ok to block off. But small gold, platinum, tombac and pewter buttons all come in low on the CO scale.

1147SILVER
11-20-2010, 09:21 PM
but if my goal is silver is it a good idea?

coinnut
11-20-2010, 09:46 PM
but if my goal is silver is it a good idea?

To some extent it is. Like in the upper left hand corner (where iron falses) it is a good idea to disc that area out. But the lower left is supposed to be an iron range, but that is not where most of the iron falls. So if you put too much discrimination on, I always feel it's a bad thing. To me it nulls too much and uses up precious computing power lol I like some nulling, but not too much. At least for me this is how I run it. Others run it with more discrimination and do well with it. I have tried to disc out almost everything but Wheaties and up. This is not a good idea, since the numbers can initially bounce out of that range and you would essentially be discriminating out the targets you are looking for.