PDA

View Full Version : Chilly 3 hour hunt Yields 6 more Silvers

catskillcomics
11-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Headed out this morning around 6, still only 30 degrees out... but I was bundled up good for the hunt. Headed back to the park that recently has been bringing me good Luck and plenty of silver.
Today I had another good hunt with 10 wheaties and 6 more silvers, 4 mercs, a rosie & a washington Quarter.
Besides the Quarter, all the dimes were iffy, with FE numbers flipping anywhere between 7 to 12, and Co numbers flipping anywhere between 40 to 47... Im thinking (and correct me if wrong) they may have been on edge, or near junk.
Headed back tomorrow morning and try to squeeze a few more before the weather turn yucky this week.

Jaybird
11-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Great huntin', catskillcomics, :yes: I'm no expert on the Minelabs but I'm learning slowly and I find that the deeper the sivers are- the more unreliable the readings are. I use Angel's settings and tweak from there. Any time you have a day like you had you can be glad. My last hunt yeilded 83 coins, many of which were zincolns and clad but I find out that the Minelabs are deep hunters and a dime getters. Great finds and good luck today thumbsup01
Jay

milco
11-21-2010, 03:08 PM
You're on a roll at that park, nice job!

coinnut
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
How does the wife pry that machine from your hands at night? lol That park is really treating you well :clapping: Nice hunt. If you severly shorten your swing (work the signal) after you locate a target, do the numbers settle in a bit better?? Sometimes the numbers bounce, but they always want to bounce back up to 12-45 or 46. Deep large cents along with the ones on edge, do this also. Give you another week and you should be right on Angel's tail ;)

jkress
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Great hunt!! :peace:

The park has really been giving stuff up to you.

I didn't want to brave the elements today... so I'll enjoy your finds!

Congrats.

catskillcomics
11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
How does the wife pry that machine from your hands at night? lol

She bribes me with beer rofl rofl

coinnut
11-21-2010, 07:51 PM
She bribes me with beer rofl rofl

:confused: :confused: I think that may just work :thinkingabout: lol

angellionel
11-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Another very nice hunt, Scott. thumbsup01 The soil at that park must be on the damp side for much of the year. :thinkingabout: There have to be Barbers at that park, even seated. :cheesysmile:

Beefcake
11-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Six in one day! Sweet hunting! :beerbuddy:

z118
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Sweet digs Scott! You are tearing it up in the silver department!

hockeyguy
11-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Awesome work Scott, congratulations! :cheering: :cheering: :peace: :clapping: Wish I could get out there with ya', but I have my hands full. My Dad is getting some physical rehab and he's in a difficult space ...soon though things will be different.

catskillcomics
11-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Awesome work Scott, congratulations! :cheering: :cheering: :peace: :clapping: Wish I could get out there with ya', but I have my hands full. My Dad is getting some physical rehab and he's in a difficult space ...soon though things will be different.

Ya Pal, missing you out in the field, .. Hope your pops gets well soon!

randy
11-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Sweet hunt :happydance01: I've noticed the numbers will sort of bounce on deep targets, even if not on edge, but you just sorta know. I think it has to do with the see thru setting which makes TID on deep targets iffier. I seem to remember something to that effect from Andy's book.

Jason in Enid
11-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Angel? Is that you in there? :teasing: You may start surpassing the legend in silver totals next year!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
wow! what a hunt! congrats man!

zrickkid
11-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Nice little hunt there. hope you can squeak out a few more before the ice and snow lock us all out of the ground until spring.

CyberSage
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Man, you are just a silver magnet as of late. Congratulations on the nice coins. I take it that E-Trac is agreeing with you? Thanks for sharing all your great finds here on the forums. You E-Trac people. :rolleyes: Silver this....Silver that... Blah... Blah... Blah... lol lol lol

Jason in Enid
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Catskill, I'm wondering... Are all these silvers coming in as solid hits, or are any of them iffy / funky / nonstandard responses?