PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful 1818 Large Cent

sniffy
11-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I pinpointed some sites in the summer time but never had any luck finding them....way to thick. Anyhow, I figured I'd go back today and see if I could find them now that the leaves are down and the ferns and briars are at bay. After a grueling hike and several attempts of walking parallel to the walls in the woods, I finnaly found what I was looking for.... :grin: A small broken up, cellar hole tucked away ontop of a nice hill. This pitiful little cellar hole was merely a pile of rocks. Anyhow, I didn't have much time to detect...so i hopped to it...here's what I found. A few nice flat buttons, one little iddy biddy one with a flower design...a musket ball, and this stunning Large Cent. I didn't think it had this much detail in the field. She's awesome. Detecting time has come to a screaching hault....was very happy to get out...hadn't been in the woods in a few weeks. Thanks for looking folks.

coinnut
11-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Jesse, Sweet copper :clapping: :clapping: Glad you had a chance to get out. I know what you mean with no time to hunt lol I figure your time will ease up right when the snow hits rofl Nice looking coin. :shocked04:

sniffy
11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Jesse, Sweet copper :clapping: :clapping: Glad you had a chance to get out. I know what you mean with no time to hunt lol I figure your time will ease up right when the snow hits rofl Nice looking coin. :shocked04:
yeah yeah, by then I will be plowing up coppers from end of the state to the other! rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
what a looker! sweet man! thumbsup01

zrickkid
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Awesome largie! Hope you have some time left to find some more! :peace: