PDA

View Full Version : out today

dave in iowa
11-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Maybe last time out , weather is changing here in iowa , not much today, some clad and a few toy cars , nothing worthy of a photo have a good holiday all, hurry spring...... thumbsup01

angellionel
11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm with you, Dave! Spring can't arrive fast enough. lol Detecting will be over for me soon here as well. I guess it will be a sorting and cleaning finds time. :yes:

catskillcomics
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Aren't you guys jumping the gun?? :eyebrow: Last year I was able to hunt till the 2nd week of december before the snow moved in.. We could possibly have another month of hole digging <:

On another note.. and I know its a long shot.. it would be neat to organize a winter get together.... try to meet a hotel for a day or weekend.. everyone can bring some their great finds.. have a few beers and laughs.. or head south for a hunting party..

randy
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
On another note.. and I know its a long shot.. it would be neat to organize a winter get together.... try to meet a hotel for a day or weekend.. everyone can bring some their great finds.. have a few beers and laughs.. or head south for a hunting party..

I like this idea. I'd be willing to drive to such. But I'm not much of an organizer, so if I see it posted, I'll probably show up.

jkress
11-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Maybe last time out , weather is changing here in iowa.

You got that right. I've taken a little break the last few days... but definitely not ready to quit for the year. Hope I can get one more good hunt in. The good hunt will hopefully include a silver coin from the 1800's, a SLQ and a large cent. :yes: If it's not asking too much, perhaps a Barber half as well. That would just about take care of this years wish list. :rolleyes: We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Aren't you guys jumping the gun?? :eyebrow: Last year I was able to hunt till the 2nd week of december before the snow moved in.. We could possibly have another month of hole digging <:

Last year I think I dug until the start of the second week in December. The November weather this year seems to be a little more harsh though.

Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately not for this year, but next year if everyone wanted to meet somewhere in the middle... I'd be in for one. Let's see.. we have east coast peeps and west coast peeps.

The most logical place would be somewhere in the midwest... probably Iowa. lol Sound good to me.

jkress
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
just noticed your avatar.... very nice!!

coinnut
11-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm hunting until December 31st lol Midnight to be exact rofl But a get together seems like a good plan. Don't know if we can do a whole country one, but somewhere drivable would be good. Maybe each part of the country could get together in their areas?? That would make for some great group shots!!

tanacat
11-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Oh man, getting close to time to pull out our sledge hammers and pick axe's already lol I admit I get a little embarrassed to hunt when it's still snowy out, bundled up and checking the somewhat thawed ground in the sunny spots.... you know how it is, some areas can be dug, where some are frozen solid. Anyway, can get a bit embarrased that drivers/passers by are thinking what an ADDICT I am rofl

catskillcomics
11-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm hunting until December 31st lol Midnight to be exact rofl But a get together seems like a good plan. Don't know if we can do a whole country one, but somewhere drivable would be good. Maybe each part of the country could get together in their areas?? That would make for some great group shots!!

George, thats a good Idea that, a gathering in each area.. I'd be willing to organize a centrally located NE region get together..

catskillcomics
11-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Oh man, getting close to time to pull out our sledge hammers and pick axe's already lol I admit I get a little embarrassed to hunt when it's still snowy out, bundled up and checking the somewhat thawed ground in the sunny spots.... you know how it is, some areas can be dug, where some are frozen solid. Anyway, can get a bit embarrased that drivers/passers by are thinking what an ADDICT I am rofl

On another forum a couple years ago, If I remember correctly a fella who had the itch during the winter, went out metal detecting.. the ground was frozen solid, but he metal detected just to hear the tones, no digging..

Personally I think that's more torture than cabin fever

Jason in Enid
11-23-2010, 07:17 PM
This time of year, I think you have to move work around the weather-dictated MD schedule!

tanacat
11-23-2010, 09:04 PM
On another forum a couple years ago, If I remember correctly a fella who had the itch during the winter, went out metal detecting.. the ground was frozen solid, but he metal detected just to hear the tones, no digging..

Personally I think that's more torture than cabin fever

:confused: Yeah, I don't think I could handle that!