PDA

View Full Version : Just Subscribed to treasure magazines

catskillcomics
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Just subscribed to treasure magazines, something to keep me daydreaming or make cabin fever worst, :twirlingeyes: over the winter months.. look forward to it..

coinnut
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Just subscribed to treasure magazines, something to keep me daydreaming or make cabin fever worst, :twirlingeyes: over the winter months.. look forward to it..

That's funny, I just found all of my old ones in the cellar. I was looking at some of them from 1984 :shocked04: Some funny ads in there. lol They do pass the time, but I remember reading them in about 15 minutes and then :shocked01: :shocked01: :shocked01: Now what do I do? rofl

danhughes
11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
And except for the electronics/technical stuff, many of the articles in the magazines of 30 years ago are almost exactly like the articles you see today.

How to clean coins, how to hunt school yards, how to dig a clean hole, etc, etc, etc.

It's like nothing has changed except the sophistication of the machines.

---Dan Hughes

Jason in Enid
11-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Yep, you see the same articles every year, year after year. I quit buying mags a long time ago.

BobE
11-24-2010, 01:27 AM
In addition to the paid magazines, a free online treasure magazine can be found at
http://www.relic-hunting.com/

The Relic Hunter magazine claims to be the only worldwide magazine for the Searcher and Detectorist.

I saw a reference to it on one of our forum post.

Dick Stout
11-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Funny you mention this because indeed much of what is written today is exactly the same as years ago, and when asked to write more articles I replied what can I possibly say that I haven't said a hundred times before? The editor replied you have to remember there are new people coming into
the pastime each day, and what you write is new to them... I will always remember that....

DS
www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com)

danhughes
11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
The editor replied you have to remember there are new people coming into
the pastime each day, and what you write is new to them...

Dick, the obvious answer here is that you reply, Great! Just reprint the article I wrote last time and send me another check!

---Dan

P.S. On the other hand, there are authors who can write the same stuff over and over and I'd be the first to buy it and eagerly devour it - Karl von Mueller on treasure hunting and Jason Lucas on bass fishing are two who immediately come to mind.

CyberSage
11-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Funny you mention this because indeed much of what is written today is exactly the same as years ago, and when asked to write more articles I replied what can I possibly say that I haven't said a hundred times before? The editor replied you have to remember there are new people coming into
the pastime each day, and what you write is new to them... I will always remember that....

DS
www.stoutstandards.com (http://www.stoutstandards.com)

You have a very nice web site Dick. Thanks for the great collection of information. I guess, I never get tired of reading those treasure magazines especially in the Winter time. They seem to help.

Jack

Dick Stout
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks Tom.... The website has been fun, and the response has been decent.