PDA

View Full Version : Another Day At The Old Park

Bell-Two
11-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Went out today with my nephew Paul to a couple of parks, the first one just produced some clad so we decided to head to the &quot:daydream:ld Park to see if we can squeeze a few more goodies out of it before the weather locks us out. We had barely been there 5 minutes when Paul had a jumpy dime signal on his E-Trac and when he dug it he got a 1941 Merc with a piece of iron right next to it in the hole! So we were on the board. I came up with a couple of wheaties both of which were clean and green a 1917 and a 1918. Paul also found a few wheaties and then closed the day with a 1888 Indian Head, the first we have dug there, I knew there had to be some there. It was in 4 of tough fill type dirt and very hard to dig and so unfortunately he gave it a nick, but hey we have all done that haven't we!

Hunting With Bell-Two #26 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxRWc63ckk#ws)

coinnut
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't know anyone who hasn't scratched a coin. :yes: It happens. If you are lucky it happens to a Memorial and not a quality coin. It will stick with him for a while lol Nice hunt B2. It's nice to see an Indian pop out of that park.

Jason in Enid
11-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Congrats on the great finds, and thanks for the video!

angellionel
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
That IH cleaned up quite well. The silver is a nice addition. thumbsup01 As far as scratching a coin, I have done that more times than I care to admit. :yes: On several occasions though there has been a sacrificial coin in the same hole, saving the silver from the trowel's touch. lol