PDA

View Full Version : Opposite grid gets me 4 more silvers

catskillcomics
11-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Went back to the park this morning, went to the spot where I've found nearly 15 silvers, this time, I cross grid the area, and it got me 4 more silvers, all were iffy's.. mostly rosie's, but its silver, I'll take'em... :beerbuddy:

coinnut
11-23-2010, 12:18 PM
You're gonna need a lot of baking soda and aluminum foil to clean all that silver you are finding lately lol Nice job squeeking out them coins from a prime hot spot :shocked04: Great job on the last minute season rush for silver :clapping:

jkress
11-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Nice!

Yes, you really have been scooping up the silver lately... congrats. :peace:

catskillcomics
11-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Nice job squeeking out them coins from a prime hot spot :shocked04:

Thanks, the odd thing about this place.. this place is about 5 football fields, but so far all the silver has come for one area ... which is kinda away from everything.. I've been trying to figure out why this spot and not much anywhere else.. I'll have to pick the brains of some local seniors as to what kind of events took place there. For the most part, this park is deserted, and isn't even on the maps... a couple pics I forgot to add

angellionel
11-23-2010, 04:03 PM
The soil composition of that park is very similar to the one found at one of the parks I have frequented. :yes: It tarnishes the silver, sometimes with a heavy layer. Does water pool at location often? Great going on the silver! thumbsup01

catskillcomics
11-23-2010, 05:43 PM
The soil composition of that park is very similar to the one found at one of the parks I have frequented. :yes: It tarnishes the silver, sometimes with a heavy layer. Does water pool at location often? Great going on the silver! thumbsup01

Oh yeh, the ground is super soft, sandish dirt with a layer of clay below.. and if it rains, forget hunting it for a couple days as it takes at least that long for the water to drain away..

Jason in Enid
11-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Congrats on the 4 more silver! That's what you have to do with good sites; hunt it one direction, then hunt it at a 90, then hunt it at a 45.

milco
11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Congrats on your thorough hunting and pulling some more keepers!