PDA

View Full Version : token found unkown ID

rsarge1
11-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi I need help on a token found.

This token has the name Shorty Evans and Cheyenne on on one side and good for 5 in trade on the reverse, the only thing I have found out so far is that Shorty owned the Senate bar in Wyoming but I can't locate any other info on this token or even a value estimate, any help is appreciated>

thanks

sarge

coinnut
11-23-2010, 08:33 PM
If you look at the second postcard down on this link and read below it - it tells of the Senate Bar owned by Shorty Evans

http://userpages.aug.com/bdobson/cheyenne2.html

But further Google didn't give me the token. But at least it's a start. You may be able to get a street location from the post card or from other bars listed on that street and then maybe a time frame and search town records for some info. Depends on how energetic you want to get on this lol

rsarge1
11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
thanks this is all i was able to find also i was hoping someone might know about the token i really don't think its worth going to far lol
just interresting find

CyberSage
11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Sarge,

Get that token over to Bill Chapman at Gold-N-Detectors in Golden. He will tell you the history behind it. That's a great find! Congratulations.

Jack

Jason in Enid
11-25-2010, 11:45 AM
thanks this is all i was able to find also i was hoping someone might know about the token i really don't think its worth going to far lol
just interresting find

DONT EVER THINK THAT!!!

I made that same mistake long ago. I found 2 old tokens (same) and couldnt find any info on them. Turns out I had examples #2 & 3 known. They had spent years in a junk jar, and I could have thrown them away without second thought. Tokens can be worth big bucks, especially saloon and brothel tokens.

I'm sure there is a token collectors group in you state or area that has catalogs of every known token there. Find them, and find the answer.

Good luck!

coinnut
11-25-2010, 07:57 PM
DONT EVER THINK THAT!!!

I made that same mistake long ago. I found 2 old tokens (same) and couldnt find any info on them. Turns out I had examples #2 & 3 known. They had spent years in a junk jar, and I could have thrown them away without second thought. Tokens can be worth big bucks, especially saloon and brothel tokens.

I'm sure there is a token collectors group in you state or area that has catalogs of every known token there. Find them, and find the answer.

Good luck!

How true. :yes: The fact that you can't find the token listed anywhere is a good thing lol It may be worth more than you think.

rsarge1
11-26-2010, 10:46 AM
thanks guys i guess ill be making a trip to golden to see what bill thinks of it like Jack suggested

sarge

Evan/tn
12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Great token find,maybe i ought to check out some of mine....oops guess I had better find some first lol

odave
12-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Great find !! I hope it's worth Big Bucks for you :peace:

Nitro 54
12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice token find Sarge..

giant056
01-01-2011, 06:20 AM
That is a cool token thumbsup01 I should try checking the ones I find more thoroughly myself.

IDXit
01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Very good token find sarge... I like finding tokens.... WTG.. thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
01-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Great token!!! Congrats!! :happydance01:

russellt
01-06-2011, 04:51 PM
awesome old token .. i cant help you but i like it .... i find a few tokens a year. coolest token i ever found was a 1909 excelsior shoe company boy scout club token with a freaking swastika on the back with 4 leaf clovers in the crooks of the cross..... good one for you

coinnut
01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
coolest token i ever found was a 1909 excelsior shoe company boy scout club token with a freaking swastika on the back with 4 leaf clovers in the crooks of the cross.....

I think you wil find that Swastika is backwards. The ends are facing the other way. Prior to Hitler, and for centuries, it was a good luck piece. That is why some tokens even have Jewish merchants names on them, along with that symbol. I found one and at first thought that was really odd :dontknow:

cnr_dogs
01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
sweet token find wtg