PDA

View Full Version : a couple of silver dimes today

randy
11-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Back to old faithful for the 19th time, and for the 19th straight time, it surrenders silver. I don't suppose I'll ever find a site like this again. Yesterday I had to leave the hunt to pick up my son, leaving an isolated 10x3 foot section ungridded. I thought, why bother, what are the odds, but I decided to do it, and the first target was a silver :happydance01:. Onto a new section which I thought would be promising, but nothing for 3 hours :mad:, not even much clad -- clearly someone was working it, or had in the past year or so, I could tell by the absence of deep clad, which is everywhere else at this site. So I tried a third section which my research indicated would be less promising, but I was still lucky enough to get one silver.

I've done about 75% of the site, but I think the remaining sections have been worked pretty good or aren't very promising. I've gotten 65 silvers out of here, and if its played out, I guess I'll be back to shooting for 20-30 next year.

dave in iowa
11-23-2010, 11:09 PM
great spot , would love to find a place like that. thumbsup01

angellionel
11-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Nice ones! thumbsup01 Returning to work an unfinished area and finding silver. Don't you just love that? :smitten: I suspect that that location will yield several more. :yes:

Jason in Enid
11-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Sounds like you have a great spot. Remember, no spot is ever hunted out but you have ask yourself if its going to be worth the efforts. I'm sure you can find just as much silver next year whether from this site or others!

coinnut
11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Man that place has been good to you. Nice score on the silvers. Maybe after the Sping thaw, that wet ground may produce some deeper ones. I would still have that site on my A list lol

Epi-hunter
11-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Fantastic site, beautiful silver! There is more there. Looking forward to seeing the photos :)

jkress
11-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Nice hit on the dimes! :clapping:

The spot is a honey hole for sure. I had a spot like that last year, produced lots of old and semi old coins. Lots of silver. At the end of the season I figured it was about tapped out. After the spring thaw came, all kinds of goodies were revealed. I must have pulled an additional 15 silvers from there with my old metal detector. I do think the freeze and thaw process moves targets just enough to be seen.

Good luck with the remaining 25% and definitely hit it next spring too.

Do you mind revealing what type of site it is? Park, old town, yard, common or church? Obviously no specifics are required... just type of site.

Thanks and congrats!

randy
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Do you mind revealing what type of site it is? Park, old town, yard, common or church? Obviously no specifics are required... just type of site.

Its a park.

milco
11-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Wow 65 silvers from a park, now that's impressive, congrats!

Beefcake
11-26-2010, 08:13 PM
A multi-silver day is always a great day! Congrats on the addition!!

rsarge1
11-26-2010, 11:39 PM
sweet id keep working it until it doesnt give no more wtg

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
go for 20! nice hunt! great spot!