PDA

View Full Version : Cold Turkey Morning 3 more silvers

catskillcomics
11-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Got up at my usual 5am, had my coffee :interesting:, and figured since everyone was still sleeping, what the hell... time for a short Turkey day hunt. It was chilly, 25 degrees...But, I bundled up.. had no warmth issues except for my toes. But it was all worth it.. as I found 3 more iffy signal silvers, (2) 1945 Mercs & a 1920 Merc! :clapping:

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

leslie(nova scotia)
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...nice merrcs Nija Turtle! Imagine by the looks of your knees the better half is going to be impressed. Happy holidays youz! :cheesysmile:

Jason in Enid
11-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Nice silvers! My hats off to you sir, it was 28 here this morning and there was no way I was going hunting!

catskillcomics
11-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Nice silvers! My hats off to you sir, it was 28 here this morning and there was no way I was going hunting!

Truth be known, I prefer cold than hot...once it starts getting in the high 90s, or high humidity.. I'll hunt, but am usually miserable... at least with the cold, you can add layers...

coinnut
11-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Scott, ever since you got that new toy, I believe have been infected with the dreaded, Northeast Silver Fever lol Thanksgiving Day hunt?? (I'm envious lol) Nice hit on them silvers and that park has got to be loaded with coins. I know you said other parts of the park are cleaner, but with the experience you are getting, I'm willing to bet the coins you get out of the hunted out parts may even be Barbers or Seated. Great hunt!! If I were you though, I would pre-scrub them knees before you hand them over to the laundry basket lol

milco
11-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Congrats on the silver! Cold don't bother me, it's frozen solid ground that gives me and my Lesche fits! I am looking forward to Sat/Sun, supposed to be 40-45 and sunny both days around here.

del
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
wow , is that first picture an intimidating one are you the member of that new Gang out of New York named Killa &quot:grin: Steve or what . lol :teasing: lol very impressive to be out and congrats on the mercs too. have a good Thanksgiving Steve.

Dan

catskillcomics
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
If I were you though, I would pre-scrub them knees before you hand them over to the laundry basket lol

Well, rule in this house is, I wash my own MD'n clothes... lol
Cause those of you who have gone Md'n with me, Know.. I never stay clean for long and usually look like I rolled in a pig pen...rofl
but , Last night she was nice enough to patch the holes in my pant knees.. :beerbuddy:

wild willy
11-26-2010, 07:32 AM
nice haul steve! i think i remember something about 45 mercs some have regular s and some micro s. i also went to a pounded place that nobody wants to hunt because of trash and hard ground and got a 1930 buff. willy

BillZ
11-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Nice Turkey Day hunt!
I'm with you on hunting in the cold. I would rather bundle up than sweat.
Who took the picture?

catskillcomics
11-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Nice Turkey Day hunt!
I'm with you on hunting in the cold. I would rather bundle up than sweat.
Who took the picture?

I took the picture using the timer on my camera...

nice haul steve! i think i remember something about 45 mercs some have regular s and some micro s. i also went to a pounded place that nobody wants to hunt because of trash and hard ground and got a 1930 buff. willy

Thanks willy, but just so you know I'm Scott, Not Steve.. I think Del already had one too many Thanksgiving cocktails when he posted yesterday rofl

jkress
11-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Once again.... :peace:

With all of your late season finds... you are definitely going to have me out around here digging holes in the cold. :yes: