PDA

View Full Version : Display Screen Protection

Irregular
11-27-2010, 06:26 AM
While not a gadget guy, I do protect any possessions that have a screen (MP3, camera LCD) with screen protectors, and am trying to find a pliable type for my MXT. I've used the Fellowes brand with success in other applications, and tried some other brand I found at Target on the MXT, but it didn't hug at the edges, being too stiff a material. I haven't found a Fellowes offering in the proper size for the screen.

Am I being too obsessive here? :yes: Has anyone else here tried to preserve the condition of their display? I am pleased that after a couple outings and careful cleanings the screen shows no scratches, in spite of the presence of miniscule aggregates and fine dust covering virtually the entire machine.

Is the best advice to relax, shut up and dig?

Lowjiber
11-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Is the best advice to relax, shut up and dig?

I just dig. I scratched my MXT pretty badly once with my Lesche and my local dealer replaced the screen for about $5 (as I recall). I watched him do it and could easily have done it myself if I'd known the White's part number to order the part.

When I sent my Vision in for the V3i mod, White's replaced the screen as part of the tune up at no additional charge. It wasn't scratched, but I think they just wanted to give it a fluff-n-buff. :rolleyes:

Irregular
11-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow, I could've bought two screens for the price of the crummy-for-the-application protectors. I'm so used to getting took to the cleaners in so many areas that I'm surprised you can get any part for $5.

Thanks Lowjiber!

CyberSage
11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Lowjiber has the right answer here. Most Whites detectors actually have a screen protector already in place. If you are worried just pick up extra ones at you local dealer. Very good information Lowjiber! Thanks

wingmaster
01-05-2011, 06:45 AM
I like to protect my investment as much as I can these are well worth the money. HH

russellt
01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
now THAT is the set up . very nice :cheesysmile:
i have a box cover on my V3 but the screen is unprotected. i did have a scratched display that was replaced for free when i got the V3i update . i am more carefull now

MrJeep
01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Here's my Whites XLT setup. Keeps it clean and dry at a great price too. It's also made in the good ole U.S.A.!

Nitro 54
01-17-2011, 11:59 PM
If your screen gets to scratched up, you can replace it for under $5 bucks and only takes a couple of minutes to peel the old one off and stick a new one on..

http://whiteselectronics.com/products/accessories/replacementparts.html