PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Hours in the Woods

milco
11-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, it was sunny and just above 30 degrees today so I headed out the woods for a couple of hours. The lawns, parks and other ground is pretty much frozen and regular hunting will wait until spring. The woods under the insulating layer of leaves is about the only place to hunt now and that too will be frozen solid in a couple of weeks. I don't have to worry about hunters in this woods because it is park land and in an urban area, no hunting permitted. I am sure it has seen it's share of hunters in the past, I'm just hoping one of them dropped a barber quarter somewhere along the way. There are no cellar holes in this area, but on either side of the woods old 1860-70's homes once stood, now underneath parking lots at city streets. I managed to find two coins today, a memorial and a 1936 wheat cent. I also found enough trash to fill my pouch and four shotgun shells including an old 10 gauge shell.

zrickkid
11-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Heres to finding some more goodies before the year is out!

angellionel
11-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I love walking around in those types of places. They are generally peaceful and quiet, the type of place where you can actually hear the hum of the machine's threshold. :yes: They do yield a good find here and there as well. I wish you great success next time out there. thumbsup01

coinnut
11-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds like my kind of hunt lol Walking around the woods and waiting for that coin signal. :drool: I love the solitude and nature of hunting there. Too bad the ground is freezing on you, but at least you can escape there for a while longer.

Epi-hunter
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Loved your photos and I absolutely LOVE detecting such sites. The silence is perfect and I love the feeling it brings. :)

jkress
11-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow, from your description the site sounds to have some potential.

The ground is starting to freeze here. Today I was finding frozen to soft and everything in between the two. It's only a matter of time now. :crying02:

I thought I would be ok with it, but I think it is going to be a loooooooong winter.