PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's hunt...

jkress
11-27-2010, 10:45 PM
It was a cold one out there this morning. :yes:

Since it was 18 degrees when I woke up this morning, I decided to get some computer work done until it warmed up a bit.

I ended up getting out around 10:30 this morning and I really hate to report that the ground is just starting to freeze here in my corner of Iowa. Areas that see the most sun were good to dig, but areas in shaded spots were freezing up. :crying02:

I'm really hoping that today's sun and tomorrow's little bit warmer temps will let me get another hunt in late afternoon.

I was lucky enough to add one more IH to my collection, a few more wheats and two rings. The gold ring is stamped 14K RGP... just slightly better than a junk ring I guess. lol :rolleyes:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-101.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-102.jpg

milco
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Great hunt and another nice IH!

coinnut
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Real nice '84 Indian :clapping: Nice couple of rings too. That Peace thing is also a ring, just the cheap band is missing. lol We used to get them in the 70's at the penny arcade. RGP means Rolled Gold Plate. Some say the term is interchangable with Filled Gold. From what I read there is about 100 times more gold layered on there than just plating it (which is still not much, but better than gold plate for sure). Congrats on a great hunt! :happydance01:

dave in iowa
11-28-2010, 01:44 AM
i was hoping you got out today joe , very nice indain , if its not raining monday we should get out if possible

catskillcomics
11-28-2010, 06:43 AM
nice hunt Kress! :beerbuddy: I do admire how nice your IH's come out of the ground.. they seem to have that perfect patina.

angellionel
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
That's a beautiful Indian Head cent. :smitten: Nice rings too. You should be able to get in a few more hunts before the ground completely freezes up. :yes:

Jason in Enid
11-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Congrats on the great finds. Bummer the ring is plated, still a nice find though.

pulltabsteve
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Congrats on the IH and rings! Nice hunt :peace: