PDA

View Full Version : A Little Sunday Silver

Bell-Two
11-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Diane and I took advantage of a bit of sunshine this afternoon to go out to an old school right here in town. When we got there we saw a guy detecting the tot lot I introduced myself and we had a pleasant conversation he showed the sterling chain he just found. He was using an Ace 250 and ask me what I use and when I told him the E-Trac he had a bundle of questions for me. He told me he had found a Silver Washington in the old ball field portion last week. That was the first silver I had heard of coming from this pounded out school yard for ages. We went back to our hunting with breaks to talk about detectors and detecting. I was hoping to get a really good signal so I could show him the sounds and numbers. He left and just as he was driving away I got a little jumpy signal but had that sweet tone, it was repeating at 11-44 mostly. And at 4 I could see silver in the bottom of the hole. A nice Rosey. When I got it home and washed it off it was a 1956 and it looked like FDR had a slight scrape across his chin but I did not do it since that side was caked with mud until I washed it off. Good little hunt with a nice Sunday Silver Suprise!

Hunting With Bell-Two #27 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8x3v2s1AQ&hd=1#ws)

coinnut
11-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Well now you have a silver from that park too thumbsup01 I hope you patched up Mr. R and sent him back to the park lol Nice short hunt.

Epi-hunter
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Congrats on the silver, and great story!!! :happydance01:

jkress
11-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Nice silver!

Glad you got a shinny one for your pocket too.

Congrats.

Jason in Enid
11-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Congrats on the silver!

leslie(nova scotia)
11-29-2010, 07:34 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....must say that silver looked sweet coming out of the ground. Enjoy your time out as old man winter is just around the corner!