PDA

View Full Version : Silver Quest Continues

angellionel
11-29-2010, 08:48 PM
I detected for a few hours at a local park yesterday. I did the same this afternoon but at another local park. Both parks yielded a few silver coins, as well as several old wheat cents and a silver ring.

These are from Sunday's hunt.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silverandwheats_112810.jpg

The park I hit this afternoon yielded two standing Liberty quarters, both dateless. I'm not going to complain though. :cheesysmile:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silvercoins_112910.jpg

The ring was a bit bent up. It is silver ring number 47.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silverring_112910.jpg

HH!

Full Metal Digger
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Nice finds Angel! Have you considered writing a book on successful coin hunting?

coinnut
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Nice silver Angel. Still hunting the trashy areas?? Good amount of other keepers too!! Hope the weather can hold out just a bit longer.

angellionel
11-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Nice finds Angel! Have you considered writing a book on successful coin hunting?

I have, but procrastination is my enemy.... or my friend, depending on how I look at it. lol No comments, Angie. :behave:

Nice silver Angel. Still hunting the trashy areas?? Good amount of other keepers too!! Hope the weather can hold out just a bit longer.

Yesterday's hunt was at a trashy location. I did use the X-5 coil there. :grin: Today I used the Pro coil and worked a semi-trashy site. :yes: I'm hoping December will allow for a few good hunts.

SeabeeRon
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Getting closer with each outing Angel!! :happydance01:

coinnut
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Yesterday's hunt was at a trashy location. I did use the X-5 coil there. :grin: Today I used the Pro coil and worked a semi-trashy site. :yes:

Would be nice to see an area gone over with the 11 coil and then folled up by the X-5 to see if it hits on any coins under the same soil and weather conditions. File that idea under To do some other time lol

Iprocrastination is my enemy.... or my friend, depending on how I look at it. lol

Procastination is my friend :smitten: rofl

midas
11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Go for it, Angel. Only 1 1/2 per day. You can do it! :teasing: :poke:

Beefcake
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Procrastination... def. (going detecting instead) I say make the run for 1000!!! It's totally within reach for you!

angellionel
11-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Would be nice to see an area gone over with the 11 coil and then folled up by the X-5 to see if it hits on any coins under the same soil and weather conditions. File that idea under To do some other time lol

Procastination is my friend :smitten: rofl

The site I hit this past Saturday was one of those. The coil did well there. :beerbuddy: We agree on the procrastination too. lol

Go for it, Angel. Only 1 1/2 per day. You can do it! :teasing: :poke:

Procrastination... def. (going detecting instead) I say make the run for 1000!!! It's totally within reach for you!

I don't know guys, that is going to be tough to do once the ground freezes, and I am allergic to cold weather too. lol Still, December may yet be a good month. :happydance01:

jkress
11-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Happy to see you got out for some more hunting! :clapping:

... and of course your finds never disappoint. Your silver ring count is just as impressive as the rest of your numbers.

The SLQ's are awesome. :smitten: I just can't seem to add one of those to my collection. :confused:

Let me say that I would definitely buy a book that was authored by you. :yes: Although I can certainly understand your hesitation.

.......... however, if you do decide to go that route, I know a pretty good metal detecting photographer that would shoot the project for just about nothing. :rolleyes:

Congrats on another couple of great hunts. thumbsup01

Bell-Two
11-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes consider writing a book, I would like to see something like that. A book that is just not technical though one about your adventures in hunting, your feelings about certain finds etc. We do not have much in the way of that type of book, telling the personal side of our hobby it would be nice to see something like that and I think you are the person that could write such a book.