PDA

View Full Version : Two More For The Pile

angellionel
11-30-2010, 07:22 PM
I detected late this afternoon for a little over two hours and scored with two more mercury dimes. I still had about 30 minutes to detect before darkness settled in when my alkaline batteries ran out on me. :eyebrow: I quickly walked back to the car and then noticed that I had forgotten to bring my bag holding the spare batteries. 8/ A bit disappointed, I headed back home, but it was drizzling by then anyway, so that dried the tears. lol

The two mercury dimes bring my total to 957. :happydance01:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silverdimes_113010.jpg

HH!

coinnut
11-30-2010, 07:39 PM
8/ Hit that 1000 will ya lol I've gotta see it done. You will have to dig in the snow if need be. rofl Nice couple of mercs Angel. And a religious medal too, who would have thought you would find any of those rofl At least the silver is still coming out of the ground. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I detected late this afternoon for a little over two hours and scored with two more mercury dimes. I still had about 30 minutes to detect before darkness settled in when my alkaline batteries ran out on me. :eyebrow: I quickly walked back to the car and then noticed that I had forgotten to bring my bag holding the spare batteries. 8/ A bit disappointed, I headed back home, but it was drizzling by then anyway, so that dried the tears. lol

The two mercury dimes bring my total to 957. :happydance01:HH!

Congrats on the silver as usual Angel :happydance01: I wish I had a dime for every religious medal you have found. :)

You are going to hit the four digits by year end for sure! :clapping: You only need 43 more, which is only 1.387097 silver coins per day until the end of 2010 :) Let's hope the ground doesn't freeze, because you should have no problems finding 1.39 silver coins a day thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
11-30-2010, 07:47 PM
SWEET!! Mercs are great looking coins arent they? :peace: When you hit 1k, you have to take a group photo thumbsup01

coinnut
11-30-2010, 07:52 PM
When you hit 1k, you have to take a group photo thumbsup01

Yeah, of all of us gawking, drooling and crying at the huge pile lol

bmattioli
11-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Hope you make it as well.. I remember way back to early January and you started off with a bang at the park I used to see you at.. Good luck Angel.. Nice Mercs too..

catskillcomics
11-30-2010, 08:39 PM
I certainly hope you honor us with a photo with a big pile of silver coins at the end of this season.. I've always wanted to know what that would look like

Diggler
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Time to hit the lake again! You can always get a wetsuit from WallyWorld and take it back after you meet &quot:daydream:UR goal!!! 8) Go man go!

jkress
11-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Nice double Mercs! :happydance01:

Someone in Iowa is rooting for 1000 for you! I really hope you can pull it off... just to say I found 1000 silver coins in a season. <:

Just think... decades from now, everyone here will remember what they were doing the day Angel hit 1000. :yes:

lol ..... I'll bet the mint would issue a commemorative silver half dollar to mark the event.

angellionel
12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
8/ Hit that 1000 will ya lol I've gotta see it done. You will have to dig in the snow if need be. rofl Nice couple of mercs Angel. And a religious medal too, who would have thought you would find any of those rofl At least the silver is still coming out of the ground. thumbsup01

lol

I better carry a snow melter with me to each hunt if I am to make the 1,000 during December. lol

Congrats on the silver as usual Angel :happydance01: I wish I had a dime for every religious medal you have found. :)

You are going to hit the four digits by year end for sure! :clapping: You only need 43 more, which is only 1.387097 silver coins per day until the end of 2010 :) Let's hope the ground doesn't freeze, because you should have no problems finding 1.39 silver coins a day thumbsup01

:shocked01: You are killing me! lol Watch, I will end up short by 25. :shocked04: lol

SWEET!! Mercs are great looking coins arent they? :peace: When you hit 1k, you have to take a group photo thumbsup01

Yeah, of all of us gawking, drooling and crying at the huge pile lol

I better start getting them all together. :shocked01: I have placed many in 2X2s. :cheesysmile:

Hope you make it as well.. I remember way back to early January and you started off with a bang at the park I used to see you at.. Good luck Angel.. Nice Mercs too..

Yeah, January was good at that park. :yes: I have pulled quite a few silver coins from there since then. :grin:

I certainly hope you honor us with a photo with a big pile of silver coins at the end of this season.. I've always wanted to know what that would look like

I will try to take one. :yes: I'm curious to see what it would look like as well. :confused: The one I took on October 25th of last year only had 343 silver coins in the pile.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/YearEndSummary/2009_silver_343.jpg

Time to hit the lake again! You can always get a wetsuit from WallyWorld and take it back after you meet &quot:daydream:UR goal!!! 8) Go man go!

Oh no, lake detecting is over for me this year. lol I do have a wetsuit, which served me well when the water was beginning to cool, but now the cold water will shrink me like a prune. lol

Nice double Mercs! :happydance01:

Someone in Iowa is rooting for 1000 for you! I really hope you can pull it off... just to say I found 1000 silver coins in a season. <:

Just think... decades from now, everyone here will remember what they were doing the day Angel hit 1000. :yes:

lol ..... I'll bet the mint would issue a commemorative silver half dollar to mark the event.

Thanks, Joe! thumbsup01 I think I better make it or I will have to head to Canada. lol

SeabeeRon
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I just pee'ed my pants when I saw that pix from last year, you have almost 3 times that this year!! Whatever the number turns out this year, it is simply frigg'n amazing!!

Epi-hunter
12-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I just pee'ed my pants when I saw that pix from last year, you have almost 3 times that this year!! Whatever the number turns out this year, it is simply frigg'n amazing!!

He is being required to take all the silver out of the 2x2's because a photo is needed :yes:

coinnut
12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
He is being required to take all the silver out of the 2x2's because a photo is needed :yes:

I second that :beerbuddy: Let the silvers run free lol

angellionel
12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I better order many more 2X2's then. lol

jkress
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
yes, yes, yes... group photos. :yes: