PDA

View Full Version : Pulled silver #12 and my oldest coin to date today!

zrickkid
11-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Found silver #12 today a very fine looking 1963D Roosevelt dime! That makes 3 from this particular park i've been hitting lately. It was a funky kind of VDI, bouncing from 63 to 84 @4 inches. I dug in a mess of tree roots and the coin was lodged inside a root I cut from the ground. Very rewarding and frustrating at the same time. The coin I found as my oldest to date was a beautiful 1910 Lincoln cent with full wheat ears on the reverse. :happydance01:. Next year im really going to hit that place hard. ;) Both of those signals were very iffy signals that I would usually pass on in earlier hunts but now im looking at the iffy signals a bit differently and its starting to pay off. :interesting: I guess experience pays off, and so do the comments you guys and ladies post in your stories and responses. I think next year will be a banner year, Lord willing. :angelic:

coinnut
11-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Nice. Your silvers are all coming at the end of the year :yes: It's always about knowledge and experience. and some luck too lol High hopes for next year here too!! I hope it will be a good one. But this one ain't over yet. lol Maybe just enough time for you to score a coin or relic that you have never found :happydance01: That would end the year nicely.

Jason in Enid
11-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Congrats on the coins. Those iffy signal lead to digging more trash, but they also lead to good, old finds others walked away from.

angellionel
11-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Congrats! You are hitting them well late in the year. :yes:

jkress
11-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Nice silver score Z! :clapping:

I've chased a few root tangled coins this year. A few paid off.... some didn't. There is nothing more frustrating than hacking, sawing and clawing your way to a target only to find a nail or clad. :bangahead01:

The wheat sounds like a very nice keeper too.

I'm with you on those iffy signals, they can be very rewarding.

Congrats.