PDA

View Full Version : Nine Silver Coins

angellionel
12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Winter's approach will soon make it much too difficult to hit the parks, but I try to grab whatever opportunity there is during this time to sneak out and swing the coil. Today was one of those days, so this afternoon I headed to a Connecticut park eager to cut a few plugs and hopefully have a silver coin or two staring back at me from the bottom of the hole. I did well today, as I ended up with nine silver coins in my pouch.

This was my first silver coin, a 1948 Roosevelt dime. I love seeing them while they are still embedded in clumps of soil.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/rosieinsoil_120210.jpg

I inadvertently took this photo while preparing to take one of the Roosevelt dime. I figured I would include it. :grin:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/e-trac_on_ground_120210.jpg

Today's finds. Only the 1944 Washington quarter has a mint mark, a 'D'.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/silvercoins_120210.jpg

HH!

bmattioli
12-02-2010, 06:45 PM
That park is still producing Silver for ya.. If I'm guessing the right park you've done really well there this year.. With Winter comming it's gonna start getting tough out there.

del
12-02-2010, 06:56 PM
all right your comming down the home stretch Angel lets avoid tripping at the finish line shall we lol lol , very nice silver pick up. thumbsup01 with all this rain we just got the soil should be great the next few days , lets just hope theres no flash freeze when the temps drop.

coinnut
12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Nice Score. 9 silvers is a good amount. We must make the goal :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: lol It's been a while since you got that many silvers. Rain sure does help the deep ones thumbsup01

milco
12-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Congrats on the nine silvers, keep it up before the frrrreeeeezzzzee!

jkress
12-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Great silver day Angel. :clapping:

I agree.... one of the best parts of treasure hunting is the first glimpse of silver in the dirt. :smitten:

That's a nice shot of your finds.... 9 silvers from one hunt would be dreamy for me.

Just think... you only need 4 more hunts like just that. <:

Congrats, keep at it.

angellionel
12-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Thanks everyone! :yes:

I sure hope I can make the 1,000 mark or I will be tied to a tree and pelted with eggs and tomatoes. :shocked04: lol

That park is still producing Silver for ya.. If I'm guessing the right park you've done really well there this year.. With Winter comming it's gonna start getting tough out there.

That park has yielded a good number of old coins this year. :yes: Much of the ground there tends to freeze up quickly once the temperature hovers below 30 degrees for several days. :huh:

Epi-hunter
12-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I sure hope I can make the 1,000 mark or I will be tied to a tree and pelted with eggs and tomatoes. :shocked04: lol

That is an interesting idea lol rofl

I feel sure that you won't have to endure that, though. :) Nine silver coins in one day is excellent thumbsup01 and I know you can go back to that same place for the rest of the month and produce the same. So you are safe from getting pelted by tomato omelets lol

midas
12-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Angel, :peace: GO FOR IT. You are Soooooo close. Do you need wake up calls at 5 AM? You will hit the 1000 mark by Dec. 16 :poke: 1000th coin - 16 D Merc. You can do it! :teasing:

angellionel
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
That is an interesting idea lol rofl

I feel sure that you won't have to endure that, though. :) Nine silver coins in one day is excellent thumbsup01 and I know you can go back to that same place for the rest of the month and produce the same. So you are safe from getting pelted by tomato omelets lol

Yeah, I thought you would like that. :behave: lol

Thank you for the confidence, but I think mean old winter does not agree. :huh: Unless I make a road trip to the south. lol

Angel, :peace: GO FOR IT. You are Soooooo close. Do you need wake up calls at 5 AM? You will hit the 1000 mark by Dec. 16 :poke: 1000th coin - 16 D Merc. You can do it! :teasing:

It is so close, yet it feels so far! :shocked01: I think I'm going to do what Dan said, trip at the finish line. rofl

Diggler
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Awesome again! Don't know if I should say this or not but... I had a dream about you the other night Angel. You came down to hunt with me at a local park. You didn't find anything. You wouldn't talk to me or look at me. You left after about 30 minutes and went to the airport. Don't know how I knew that since you weren't talking to me? Then I woke up. :thinkingabout:

jkress
12-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Not eggs and tomatoes... more appropriately it should be pull tabs and clad. lol

angellionel
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Awesome again! Don't know if I should say this or not but... I had a dream about you the other night Angel. You came down to hunt with me at a local park. You didn't find anything. You wouldn't talk to me or look at me. You left after about 30 minutes and went to the airport. Don't know how I knew that since you weren't talking to me? Then I woke up. :thinkingabout:

A non silver day a dream? :shocked04: That's more like a nightmare, the kind where I wake up in a cold sweat. lol Yeah, that was a strange dream. :confused:

randy
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Congrats on all that silver Angel :peace: I'm rootin' for ya :cheering: If it gets too frozen up there in the next couple of weeks, and you want to come down here and give my sites a try, drop me a PM. We're probably 5 degrees or so warmer. Not promising anything, but I'm sure you'll pull mountains of silver out of the areas I've been over. lol (of course the offer extends to anyone who finds themselves in the Chester County/Philly area).

angellionel
12-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Congrats on all that silver Angel :peace: I'm rootin' for ya :cheering: If it gets too frozen up there in the next couple of weeks, and you want to come down here and give my sites a try, drop me a PM. We're probably 5 degrees or so warmer. Not promising anything, but I'm sure you'll pull mountains of silver out of the areas I've been over. lol (of course the offer extends to anyone who finds themselves in the Chester County/Philly area).

Thanks, Randy! :beerbuddy: I definitely will keep it in mind. thumbsup01 A trip to PA would be nice. :yes: I don't know about mountains of silver though. lol I would be happy to walk away with five however. :smitten: Especially one like the one in your avatar. :drool: