PDA

View Full Version : Cold Afternoon Hunt

angellionel
12-03-2010, 09:12 PM
This afternoon I detected for a few hours in the hopes of scoring with several more silver coins. I didn't do as well as yesterday's hunt, but the two that I did pick up do inch me closer to the desired goal.

The 1936 Washington quarter is in excellent shape, having no discernible wear on it. I love the the mercury dimes. They are always a pleasure to find.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/quarterinsoil_120310.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/silverandwheats_120310.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

HH!

jkress
12-03-2010, 09:41 PM
:happydance01: :happydance01:

Yes... a couple more for the total. :clapping:

Love the first shot!! The quarter is a very nice one... and a great bunch of wheats.

Keep going. thumbsup01

BHNugget
12-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Wow! That quarter is in great shape! It looks great sticking out of the dirt in the top pic thumbsup01 Hope the weather holds out for ya!

zrickkid
12-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Wow that quarter is in great shape! :angelic:

milco
12-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Nice hunt, lots of wheats that look to be in pretty good shape also. Great quarter!

coinnut
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
You wouldn't have to hunt in the cold if you had not procrastinated that 1000th silver rofl Now you are stuck detecting until December 31st. 8/ Beautiful '36 Washington. That one will be one for the better silver collection :yes: It was a bit chilly today. The woods weren't too bad, but I bet the open areas can get cold and breezy. Keep your eye on the prize Angel lol.

angellionel
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys! :beerbuddy:

:happydance01: :happydance01:

Yes... a couple more for the total. :clapping:

Love the first shot!! The quarter is a very nice one... and a great bunch of wheats.

Keep going. thumbsup01

I love it when the coins are still encased in soil. They do make for some nice photos. :yes:

You wouldn't have to hunt in the cold if you had not procrastinated that 1000th silver rofl Now you are stuck detecting until December 31st. 8/ Beautiful '36 Washington. That one will be one for the better silver collection :yes: It was a bit chilly today. The woods weren't too bad, but I bet the open areas can get cold and breezy. Keep your eye on the prize Angel lol.

No, procrastination did not help me one bit this time. rofl It will be a tough December. :shocked01: I froze at the park today when the wind picked up. :frozen: