PDA

View Full Version : Another old farm house hunt

Ill Digger
12-04-2010, 12:53 AM
I've hunted this place before and haven't found much more than a few wheaties. I seen this house on a old 1871 map I've got so the real oldies are stilll there. But I'm getting closer to them !!
Metal Detectin' with Ill Digger Another Old Farm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-7Y6R8s0cc#)
Thanks for lookin' & HH :grin:

Beefcake
12-04-2010, 01:10 AM
A four silver day is just awesome!!! Congrats and glad to see your vids again!

Ill Digger
12-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Thanks Brian !
I was totally surprised .
It wasn't that whisling high tone that screams quarter or anything :dontknow: When I flipped the plug over and seen that quarter I was like :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher:.
And to have 3 silver coins there and not have a more definitive signal than that surprised me :confused:
:thinkingabout: :dontknow:

zrickkid
12-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Nice hunt! Im also glad to watch your videos again. thumbsup01

coinnut
12-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice silver day :happydance01: Sometimes the surrounding targets will bring down the sound of the good targets. What did that spill read, if you remember? :confused: Nice looking bell too. 4 silvers, an Indian, older wheat and an awesome silver to clad ratio lol Great hunt!!

Ill Digger
12-05-2010, 01:12 AM
What did that spill read, if you remember? :confused:
:thinkingabout: If I remember correctly it started out like a 1-33 or1-36 with flashes of 12-45 & 12-46 mixed in. It sounded like falsing..... but it was constant. And repeatable.

Fire Fighter 43
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice hunt Tim!! Have a great Christmas and we will get together for a hunt this spring.

coinnut
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
:thinkingabout: If I remember correctly it started out like a 1-33 or1-36 with flashes of 12-45 & 12-46 mixed in. It sounded like falsing..... but it was constant. And repeatable.

That's makes a bit of sense. If the spill was spead out a bit or on angle, it might read those numbers. If it was tight and sorta stacked up, it would read 01-40ish like a silver dollar reads. The key is that it was such a solid, nice signal that the numbers didn't matter. If it sounds good and smooth, dig it. But if you get another signal like that one, pause and do a little of this :drool: :drool: before you dig it up lol

Ill Digger
12-05-2010, 09:41 PM
The key is that it was such a solid, nice signal that the numbers didn't matter. If it sounds good and smooth, dig it.
Thats just the thing...it wasn't solid. And wasn't all that nice of a signal at first. The more I swang the coil the more the 45's & 46's showed themselves.

coinnut
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Thats just the thing...it wasn't solid. And wasn't all that nice of a signal at first. The more I swang the coil the more the 45's & 46's showed themselves.

Wondering if there was junk around it or the E trac was having trouble deciphering the mix of coins :confused: Sometimes shallow targets almost blank out for me when I use a higher sensitivity. Usually large steel plates that are shallow, want to sound good but also blank out because of the size and closeness to the surface. But I guess it doesn't matter too much since they ended up in your pouch lol

Jason in Enid
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Great finds, and nice video! You got a new subscriber.

Ill Digger
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Great finds, and nice video! You got a new subscriber.
Cool !! Thanks!!
Glad you liked it or at least acted like it lol
It wasn't the best but oh well....
Thanks again :grin:

pulltabsteve
12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Great coins!!! :beerbuddy: Like the bell too :peace: