PDA

View Full Version : This Week's Lunch Hunts - Couple Silvers

milco
12-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I woke up this morning with several inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down, so I was glad I was able to make it out some this week. I managed to head out to the woods all five days this week during my lunch hour. Most places are now frozen so the woods is about the only spot open to hunting yet. I did go over the area pictured below a bit, but the ground was almost frozen so I stayed primarily in the woods. The area pictured below was cleared of brush a couple of months ago but I never made it over there. The temps were between 20 and 30 all week so it was a little cool out there. This is all my finds from the week's lunch hunts in this woods and another woods near my office, including a 1944P war nickel and 194:clapping: Rosie.

jkress
12-04-2010, 10:56 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: ... lunch hunts are back!!

Looks like a great week Milco. Two more nice silvers for your collection. :happydance01:

I'm glad you are able to find some soft ground. This snow we just got should add an extra layer of insulation too... but cold temps are right behind this storm.

Congrats on some nice finds this week... hope you can get a couple more silvers this year. :yes:

leslie(nova scotia)
12-04-2010, 03:45 PM
From the land of the Bluenose....a good assortment of finds and such.

tanacat
12-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Too bad that bracelet wasn't silver! Congrats on your finds- nice diversity. I always enjoy seeing people's trash as well as
their treasures lol I guess we all do huh?

Got some snow here as well... Good luck at that area after it thaws :)

Full Metal Digger
12-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Nice finds there. Is that a bird band (AU 85):huh:

milco
12-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice finds there. Is that a bird band (AU 85):huh:

Thanks! Yes, it's only the 2nd bird band I have found. Last year I found one and it had a phone # on it. I was able to call in and get the data on the Red Tail Hawk they had banded.

angellionel
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
It would be great if sometime you could hit that area where the brush has been cleared. :yes: You are picking up quite a few targets in those woods. Chances are good that there will be some goodies mixed in too. Nice wartime nickel and silver dime. thumbsup01

coinnut
12-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Looks like a little picnic area was there. Are those lipstick cases?? Nice finds for some quick hunts. With the snow, you will have to turn the lunch time hunts into lunch time library research hunts lol

RobW
12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Looks like a little picnic area was there. Are those lipstick cases?? Nice finds for some quick hunts. With the snow, you will have to turn the lunch time hunts into lunch time library research hunts lol

Should have known you'd be able to pick out and have the most interest in those lipstick cases! lol

Jason in Enid
12-07-2010, 12:07 PM
If you take away the silver dime and nickel, it looks like my last couple hunts! lol

Congrats on the finds!