PDA

View Full Version : yesterday and today

hockeyguy
12-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Yesterday was cold but sunny. I took a few hours and headed to the fairgrounds. Early on I found some wheats and these 2 silvers, then changed locations and things calmed down. I did find 3 wheats and this IH in the same hole tho. It was a very nice day.

Went out with Scott this afternoon, but this was a cold one. Couldn't manage the freezing on my fingertips too well today...we were asked to leave a park in the center of town. We called the police dept to see if it was permissible ahead of time, only to have the park's boss tell us to leave. Unfortunately, Scott locked his keys in his car and had to call the locksmith :crying02: crying01 :embarrassed:

We went to another spot Scott already hammered and ended up with some wheats and this piece of play money. It actually says wooden nickle on the reverse!

Anyway i got 2 more for the pile!

angellionel
12-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Nice silver, Aaron. Not a bad IH either. thumbsup01 Hopefully you will be able to get a few more hunts in before the snow starts flying. :yes:

coinnut
12-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice that you got a couple of silvers before the snow starts flying lol A pretty nice silver count for the year :clapping: I hate play money :ticked: I always think I have old silver and them :hammer:... it's just a play coin lol Bummer about the keys. The cops can usually slimjim them open.

catskillcomics
12-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Nice Hunt Aaron... good seeing ya again, Despite the chilly conditions. :frozen:

Bummer about the keys. The cops can usually slimjim them open.

Yeh, well, I did call the cops, they say they don't do it any longer due to liability issues, In otherwords, they can't be bothered with it..

milco
12-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Congrats on the nice coins!

coinnut
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Nice Hunt Aaron... good seeing ya again, Despite the chilly conditions. :frozen:

Yeh, well, I did call the cops, they say they don't do it any longer due to liability issues, In otherwords, they can't be bothered with it..

I'm so sick of that word Liability It's the new word for when you don't want to do something or you want to ban something. What a joke. You should have said...think of the liability you will face when us two guys freeze to death because you wouldn't open the car door for us lol

Jason in Enid
12-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Very nice end-of-season finds!

Actually, if they damage the wiring in your door trying to open it, they are responsible for the costs. In todays zero tolerance for any mistakes what so ever nobody in any level of buracracy will take the responsibility like that.

My fire department just got new car-kits that never damage a thing. But we are not officially allowed to use them unless its an emergency or the locksmith would sue the city for stealing thier work.