PDA

View Full Version : Cold Saturday Silver

angellionel
12-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Spring better get here real soon. :interesting: It was cold at the park today. :frozen: It wasn't bad at first, but then the cold wind picked up and it was all over. lol I cried uncle after three hours and two silver dimes. I did hit another site on my way home and detected for another hour before moving on. I picked up several clad coins and a silver ring there.

I scratched the 1923 merc. :-\ Trashy sites can be hazardous to coins when the trowel plows in. :blackeye: Bad digging. :beatdeadhorse: I will have to make up for it. :cheesysmile:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/silverandwheats_120410.jpg

The 1945 mercury dime sneaks a peek through the soil.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/1945mercinsoil_120410.jpg

Silver ring number 48.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/silverring_120410.jpg

HH!

jkress
12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Congrats on the silver! Double Mercs. :peace:

Nice looking ring too. Glad to see you braved the elements today... two more for the silver count.

Good luck on your next hunt! :yes:

Ill Digger
12-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Way to be a trooper thumbsup01
Two more Mercs for the pile!! Sweet !!
Thats a groovie little ring :peace: I like it!!
Congrats :grin:

milco
12-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Nice pile of oldies there, congrats on the Mercs!

Jeff r
12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Nice hawl Angel! thumbsup01
You keeping hitting the silver mine!

coinnut
12-05-2010, 09:20 PM
2 by 2. It's like Noah's ark lol Glad you got some silver, but we may have to count them silver rings as coins soon. lol This cold weather stinks for detecting :ticked: Hard to concentrate when you are shivering ;) Real nice looking ring. Looks ancient to me lol Just kidding :embarrassed: Is it Amber color or orange like Carnelian?? It's a keeper for sure. I bet your ring collection this year is spectacular :shocked04:

pulltabsteve
12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice digs Angel! And yes, it was a cold weekend. :sick:

angellionel
12-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Congrats on the silver! Double Mercs. :peace:

Nice looking ring too. Glad to see you braved the elements today... two more for the silver count.

Good luck on your next hunt! :yes:

Way to be a trooper thumbsup01
Two more Mercs for the pile!! Sweet !!
Thats a groovie little ring :peace: I like it!!
Congrats :grin:

Thanks guys! I like finding silver rings. They make for fun finds, especially when silver coins are sparse. lol

Nice pile of oldies there, congrats on the Mercs!

Thanks Milco! :beerbuddy:

Nice hawl Angel! thumbsup01
You keeping hitting the silver mine!

Hi Jeff! It's good to hear from you. thumbsup01

2 by 2. It's like Noah's ark lol Glad you got some silver, but we may have to count them silver rings as coins soon. lol This cold weather stinks for detecting :ticked: Hard to concentrate when you are shivering ;) Real nice looking ring. Looks ancient to me lol Just kidding :embarrassed: Is it Amber color or orange like Carnelian?? It's a keeper for sure. I bet your ring collection this year is spectacular :shocked04:

lol I could also count all the wartime silver nickels I found this year. :cheesysmile: That should bring me over the top. lol

The stone on the ring is an orange color. I need a new display case to hold the rest of the silver rings I found this year. lol

Nice digs Angel! And yes, it was a cold weekend. :sick:

It didn't help that it was windy here too. :huh: It was bone-chlling out there. :shocked01:

RobW
12-06-2010, 01:57 PM
WOW you are so close to that 1000 mark...if winter can just hold out a bit more for ya...but it's getting cold and that ground is hardening up....I hope you make it..That would be a great milestone! Good luck!

wild willy
12-11-2010, 08:56 AM
hi bud! can you take a pic of all those rings? :cheesysmile: willy

coinnut
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM

Sounds like another of them winter projects for Angel lol

angellionel
12-11-2010, 08:23 PM

At the end of the month I plan to take a photo of all of the silver rings, as well as one of the coins. :)

Sounds like another of them winter projects for Angel lol

I might as well. It will be frozen out there. :)