PDA

View Full Version : Detecting over the holiday?

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 05:51 PM
I was curious if others are planning to try to get some detecting in over the next few days. I am going back to Iowa for Thursday through Sunday and have big plans to hit several spots. My parents and siblings keep trying to schedule my time though ;) :rolleyes: I'm going to end up detecting at midnight with one of those hat lights lol But one way or another, I'm going to get out! Who needs turkey, anyway....

coinnut
11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Don't eat the turkey... it only put ya to sleep lol Can't find any silver sleepin' :rolleyes: I'm not going detecting until Saturday (like always). But if I can get away from work a bit, I may try and sneak out. I was told Thursday is a definate NO. :beatdown: So I will be passing on that day. This weather is making it hard to concentrate on work stuff ;) Work just plain gets in the way. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

OkieDigger
11-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm going to try on black Friday when everyone goes shopping. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Don't eat the turkey... it only put ya to sleep lol Can't find any silver sleepin' :rolleyes: I'm not going detecting until Saturday (like always). But if I can get away from work a bit, I may try and sneak out. I was told Thursday is a definate NO. :beatdown: So I will be passing on that day. This weather is making it hard to concentrate on work stuff ;) Work just plain gets in the way. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

lol lol That's how I feel. I was supposed to have Thursday all to myself but then my family rearranged their schedule :beatdown:

Of course family is the first priority and it will be great to see them :) I'll pass on the turkey, don't need any tryptophan drugging me. ;)

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm going to try on black Friday when everyone goes shopping. thumbsup01

That should be the perfect day. There won't be a soul in any of the parks thumbsup01

OkieDigger
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Tryptophan is the bomb. It helps produce serotonin in the brain. I'll take all your turkey. :grin:

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Tryptophan is the bomb. It helps procduce serotonin in the brain. I'll take all your turkey. :grin:

I'll prescribe you a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Save the turkeys! lol

angellionel
11-24-2009, 06:18 PM

:confused:

I just want to go detecting. :grin:

OkieDigger
11-24-2009, 06:24 PM

I just got off one due to work related stress back in April. Good stuff!

Islandhunter
11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Deer season is winding down here so am not sure if I will be grabbing my M6 or my shotgun...guess I could always swing the M6 and have my shotgun slung over my shoulder.... ;)

MNDigger
11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
I am hoping to get out this weekend but unfortunately the weather here is going to take a turn for the worse starting tomorrow! :angry:

Snowy
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
My original plan involved me not having to cook at all... us going out detecting Thanksgiving Day, heading to my aunt and uncle's for dinner and coming home to no mess. But that all changed, so my day will be cooking, bringing the meal to my mom's, Krom and I will work on finishing touches on refinishing an antique desk for our daughter for Christmas (which will house her new PC setup she's getting for Christmas.. :rolleyes: ... she's spoiled) and mom wants me to do some photography ~ portraits of her and her boyfriend in outside settings ... But I have tomorrow (Wednesday) off.. gonna finish some shopping early in the morning and maybe get some detecting in afterwards.

Bentfork
11-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm going to try on black Friday when everyone goes shopping.

Same here.

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 10:22 PM
OMG, I just heard some ads saying that stores are opening at 4AM on Friday!!??

Are you kidding me?!?! Who the heck goes shopping at 4AM!!! :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher:

yes, I am a female!!!

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
:confused:

I just want to go detecting. :grin:

This is why you find so much silver; you have a one track mind lol

All those who are bored over the holiday take note... Angel will surely hit his 400th coin around Thursday, I estimate. And he promised to video tape the 400 coin dance lol It should be Youtube worthy lol

angellionel
11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
This is why you find so much silver; you have a one track mind lol

All those who are bored over the holiday take note... Angel will surely hit his 400th coin around Thursday, I estimate. And he promised to video tape the 400 coin dance lol It should be Youtube worthy lol

:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

By Thursday? :confused: Do I have a say on that? More importantly, I think the park has a lot to say about that. lol I will give it a good try though. :grin:

No videos allowed! :shocked04:stretcher: :beatdown:

OkieDigger
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM

He's in the Metal Detectorists Protection Program! Don Silver has a hit out on him don't you know. lol

Epi-hunter
11-24-2009, 10:50 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

By Thursday? :confused: Do I have a say on that? More importantly, I think the park has a lot to say about that. lol I will give it a good try though. :grin:

Perhaps Saturday then, and don't forget you promised to videotape the event :)

Dave
11-25-2009, 12:33 AM
I hope that all of you get the chance to go tecting. I'll be lucky enough to work Wednesday, Friday and Saturday! :crying02: Have a great holiday and be safe!

del
11-25-2009, 03:37 AM
the actual Angel silver dance , someone ought to sell tickets for this one :grin: i'm looking forward to it Angel should be very entertaining :shocked04:stretcher: lol lol don't forget to stretch real good buddy before you shake that thing . lol lol ;)

yup i'll be out saturday maybe friday to if the plans go well .everyone have a great Thanks Giving .

Dan

Islandhunter
11-25-2009, 07:57 AM
OMG, I just heard some ads saying that stores are opening at 4AM on Friday!!??

Are you kidding me?!?! Who the heck goes shopping at 4AM!!! :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher:

yes, I am a female!!!

L.L. Beans in Freeport Maine is open 24/7 and my favorite time to hit them is early morning such as around 2-4 a.m....so I guess I would be one them that goes shopping at 4 a.m.....not alot of people do so it makes for easy shopping and few crowds which is good for someone like me who hates shopping on a good day, nevermind when it is crowded.

angellionel
11-25-2009, 09:58 AM
the actual Angel silver dance , someone ought to sell tickets for this one :grin: i'm looking forward to it Angel should be very entertaining :shocked04:stretcher: lol lol don't forget to stretch real good buddy before you shake that thing . lol lol ;)

yup i'll be out saturday maybe friday to if the plans go well .everyone have a great Thanks Giving .
Dan

The pressure! lol lol

By the way, I did do a bit of a dance after digging up the Barber half while hunting with Scott. I'm glad he didn't have his camera handy. lol lol

coinnut
11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
You gotta dance Angel, It part of the tradition of 400. Can't break with tradition. lol Otherwise we will have to schedule you for one :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:

angellionel
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
You gotta dance Angel, It part of the tradition of 400. Can't break with tradition. lol Otherwise we will have to schedule you for one :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:

I think I better stay home this weekend, my E-Trac caught a cold. lol

marchas45
11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Well I'll be detecting my front yard in the morning while my lovely wife prepares my duck and Lemon Meringue Pie, so I have to build up an appetite. lol lol lol
P.S. Believe it or not but I'm allergic to Turkey.

Epi-hunter
11-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Well I'll be detecting my front yard in the morning while my lovely wife prepares my duck and Lemon Meringue Pie, so I have to build up an appetite. lol lol lol
P.S. Believe it or not but I'm allergic to Turkey.

How can you be allergic to turkey on Thanksgiving? Every other day maybe, but on Thanksgiving? lol

I actually first read your post to be lemon merinque pie with duck in it :)

marchas45
11-25-2009, 06:57 PM
How can you be allergic to turkey on Thanksgiving? Every other day maybe, but on Thanksgiving? lol

I actually first read your post to be lemon merinque pie with duck in it :)

lol lol lol lol sure reads that way dont it. The Turkey just won't digest in my stomach and I get sever cramps. Doctors told me that Turkey is the toughest of the meat family. :(

hoser
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Well we are supposed to have snow tomorrow and Friday. But Saturday is going to be sunny and I think I will be taking advantage of it. I have dug through a couple of inches of wet snow before I can do it again. Good luck to you all.

bigjohn070
11-25-2009, 09:31 PM
4am perfect time to start
Hunting for that silver.

HH
BIG JOHN

TimC
11-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Did not do turkey day this year, mom was in the hospital having a coiling for brain aneurysm surgery, but is OK now. Then my wife's mom went in Friday for having hallucinations and finally figured out it was her cancer meds that was causing them. Now that's it's all over I was going to hunt today but it's going to rain. Oh well!

Dave
11-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Did not do turkey day this year, mom was in the hospital having a coiling for brain aneurysm surgery, but is OK now. Then my wife's mom went in Friday for having hallucinations and finally figured out it was her cancer meds that was causing them. Now that's it's all over I was going to hunt today but it's going to rain. Oh well!

I'm glad to hear that your family is doing well. Hang in there, the weather will change and you will be able to get out again.

Stang1968
11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
I was hoping to get in some extra swing time over the past few days but it didn't quite work out that way. I woke up early on Thanksgiving, but the first two parks I went to were packed with people. I ended up doing the edge of a park next to the roadway and found about fifty cents. On Friday, I went out at 8am after doing some shopping since 3 am. I found about 50 cents again. I was using my new-to-me BM600 coil and comparing it to the 950. Yesterday and today I woke up sick with a sinus infection or head cold, so I had to stay home :(.
So inspite of the extra two days, I got the same amount of coil time in as a regular weekend.