PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if there is a bi-pod mount made for detectors?

Oregon Hunter
12-07-2010, 12:58 AM
When im ready to dig the hole, i hate setting my detector down in the muddy dirt in Oregon. I wish I had a bi-pod with spring loaded poles to kick out when a lever was pulled. And when you want them up, just pull the lever again. Or something like that!
The poles would have to be short enough so i can easily grab it to sweep my find when down on one knee. Does such a animal exist? If so, where can i find one. I've seen similar on golf bags, but the poles are to long.

Lowjiber
12-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I doubt you'll find anything as complicated as described above. There simply would be too small of a market to make such a device profitable...IMHO.

Below, are two views of something I use. I'm not opposed to sitting the machine in the dirt, but I find it handy when hunting in very sloped terrain...keeps the machine a bit more stable by providing a wider base.

I got this one from Jimmy Sierra...he has them on his website. http://jimmysierra.com/loops_standC.html

However, it really is just a replacement part for a weed eater. :rolleyes:

coinnut
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Don't think I have ever seen something like that before. Kinda a unique product and probably not enough of a market to manufacturer one. I have however heard of a bunch of people taking the handle off of a weed wacker and clamping it on to their machine. It's pretty tall (say 3-4??) and comes with the clamp already. Look at a home improvement place in the Spring when the seasonal products come out. If it will work for what you want it to, then you could just order a replacement handle from them. Or you can always look while you are driving for someone who is throwing one out. If you still wanted one like you mentioned, I think a hinged set of feet would be easier to make. You need the inverted Y feet and a clamp that hinges to attach it to your machine. This way you could just pull it out when needed and then just fold it back when done. Just some ideas.

Update: John already told you about the weed wacker...I type too slow lol

Jason in Enid
12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I have seen clip-on stands for detectors. Used to be all over fleebay. They were simple things that kept your machine a couple inches off the ground.

Oregon Hunter
12-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the great idea and the cool pics! I'll rob the weed wacker handle off for the winter.
Thanks again

little man
12-08-2010, 06:23 PM
now that is what I am looking for thank for the pic and post