PDA

View Full Version : What Was I Thinking!

milco
12-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh yeah, I was looking for silver!

I went out last Saturday trying to squeak in another hunt before the ground was frozen....even in the woods. Managed to be out for an hour in the snow and found four targets in the woods, all garbage. I'm done for the year now and will surf the net looking at everyone else's finds until spring. My future trips will be to the library and historical society for research!

The end is here and the machine is packed up, time to dig out the winter hobbies.

BHNugget
12-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I know the feeling,I just got an etrac and thought the season was done after the storm we had just prior to getting it,but the weather has improved and the snows almost gone.Calling for temps in the mid to high 40s this week,so I'll get the chance to swing the etrac after all.Of course this weather prolongs the lake trout ice fishing excursions also.Oh well,the trout will just have to wait. thumbsup01

coinnut
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
:crying02: :crying02: Snow :crying02: I've been lucky so far as just a couple of flakes, but I know it's just a matter of time. Sorry you got hit already Milco. But doing research now will make you smile in the Spring lol

Epi-hunter
12-08-2010, 01:35 PM
You people need to move to the south :)

Then again, wait!!! We've been snowed in here since Thanksgiving! lol :frozen: We have had more snow and cold weather here in Lexington than in the northeast and midwest so far this year. :frozen: No detecting here anytime soon :crying02:

randy
12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm done for the year now and will surf the net looking at everyone else's finds until spring.

We're not finding anything here. High of 35 and the ground is pretty much frozen. At least there is no snow.
Supposed to be 43 on Sat then rain on Sun. I'm hoping for one more silver, then to call it a year, I think.

Not to get political, but bring on global warming lol

Ill Digger
12-08-2010, 11:07 PM
I hear ya brother .
I'm going south this weekend before the ground freezes down there too.
Maybe I'm a little :crazy: but oh well lol
I feel your pain crying01

Jason in Enid
12-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Winter sucks!

Ill Digger
12-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Winter sucks!
lol rofl :yes: thumbsup01 lol

coinnut
12-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Winter sucks!

Yep lol But it will eventually force me to do some research. :rolleyes:

jkress
12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
A for effort!!

Yep... I conceded to winter about a week ago. crying01

Good luck on the research this year. Hopefully we can get together for a hunt next season.