PDA

View Full Version : video of my first 2 E-Trac outings

Full Metal Digger
12-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Howdy diggers,

I'm still learning but WOW, that E-trac is something else! Here's the video of my first couple hunts. I appreciate any advice you guys and gals may have. Thanks for watching, HH.

Found some goodies with my new E-Trac!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFBD-9foMLs#)

jkress
12-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Great for you DD! :clapping:

Looks like that park has plenty of good stuff left in the ground.

Here's hoping the Barber quarters and halves start revealing themselves next! :beerbuddy:

Congrats

Full Metal Digger
12-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Great for you DD! :clapping:

Looks like that park has plenty of good stuff left in the ground.

Here's hoping the Barber quarters and halves start revealing themselves next! :beerbuddy:

Congrats

How is that in 7 months of detecting that park (almost every weekend) I have found 29 silvers but they have all been dimes or war nickels? Most of those silvers came from very trashy areas. I have a hard time believing I am simply missing the quarters and halves! Any ideas or thoughts on this:huh:thinkingabout:

zrickkid
12-11-2010, 02:49 PM
I've had the same luck. 12 silvers mostly a mix of dimes and war nickels, but one lone silver Washington in the mix. I think it may be because the quarters were easier to find but who knows. I live in Illinois in Glen Ellyn and use a V3i. Maybe well meet up next year! Merry Christmas! ;)

Jason in Enid
12-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Great videos!

I have been having the same luck. My theory is that most halves and quarters have already been found due to thier size. Dimes are much easier to hide amung trash and on-edge, but easy for the E-Trac to find. With all the old dimes and wheaties I have dug, I'm sure that I just haven't put the loop over one yet.

jkress
12-11-2010, 10:53 PM
How is that in 7 months of detecting that park (almost every weekend) I have found 29 silvers but they have all been dimes or war nickels? Most of those silvers came from very trashy areas. I have a hard time believing I am simply missing the quarters and halves! Any ideas or thoughts on this:huh:thinkingabout:

If you have pulled 29 silvers from a park in the last 7 months with an Ace 250... There's very good chance there is at least more quarters there somewhere. I'll bet you find them next year for sure.

When I'm doubting a spot... I remind myself of all the quarters and halves Angel keeps finding at hunted out parks. :yes:

I think you are going to have a banner year next year!

angellionel
12-12-2010, 12:09 AM
They are out there, DD. You will find, however, that most are well hidden in between the trash. You would think that at such trashy sites the larger coins would sound off cleaner than the dimes, but their size seems to cause the signal to distort somewhat due to the surrounding trash, particularly when dealing with aluminum screw caps, making the tone on the initial pass sound off high and screechy, the way some iron tends to sound off. However, the tones and Fe/Co numbers do clean up when you make short and slow sweeps over the target. At least that has been my experience when picking up the larger silver coins from trashy sites.

catskillcomics
12-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Great Job DD... isn't it sweet to go over old hunting spots to find more with a new machine

BHNugget
12-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Incredible hunts for the first two outings thumbsup01 I cant wait to get my new etrac out,the weather and job just arent cooperating.

leslie(nova scotia)
12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
From the land of the Bluenose...great! Imagine what you will find once you are one with your new machine. Seasons greetings!

jkress
12-12-2010, 11:43 AM
You would think that at such trashy sites the larger coins would sound off cleaner than the dimes, but their size seems to cause the signal to distort somewhat due to the surrounding trash...

Very interesting theory.... sounds solid and quite likely. :yes:

Thanks for the tip Angel!!!

coinnut
12-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Those coins are still there. I didn't believe it until I dug a Barber half at 4 from a well hunted park. It was surrounded by trash on all sides. I just couldn't believe it was that shallow. Previous machines probably just read that as all junk, or maybe even as one large target (like a can). They will come. The trashier the area the better, but you will have to go slower than you are probably used to going. Angel said it best.