PDA

View Full Version : HOLY HINGE SPILL!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Got together with Sniffy for a brisk :frozen: cellar hole hunt.
not much at any of the sites we hit. Got a early colonial designed button and a major colonial strap hinge spill! rofl an early lamp base too.
was tough diggin in some spots.especially near cellar hole lips and trails. forget about it!
Merry christmas or happy holidays everone!

del
12-18-2010, 09:11 PM
you should of stood next to that 400+ year old oak when you took the picture , it is a monster. nice button and you must of definately been at a barnsite to find hinges that long. it was nice to just get today this late in the season Dave . congrats

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2010, 09:20 PM
you should of stood next to that 400+ year old oak when you took the picture , it is a monster. nice button and you must of definately been at a barnsite to find hinges that long. it was nice to just get today this late in the season Dave . congrats

yeah i should have stood next to it.it is humungous! :shocked04: wish the sign wasn't there crying01 if the ground stays like this we can easily hunt all winter.
merry christmas Dan!

coinnut
12-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Hey, is that the Granby Oak?? Nice button and real cool about the strap hinges. They make a great display. Now all Dan and I have to do is get the iron restoration secrets from the Museum we are doing some hunting for. They look good when descaled and blackened!! Glad you took them home!! Looks like you had a rougher time digging than we did :yes:

angellionel
12-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Now that is one solid chunk of frozen soil. :shocked01: It kept the button safe. lol Good find, and nice photos!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Now that is one solid chunk of frozen soil. :shocked01: It kept the button safe. lol Good find, and nice photos!

thanks and it didn't keep it safe enough..i dinged it with the predator shovel crying01
if ya look closely you can see the edge ding while i was chopping at the chunk 8/

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Hey, is that the Granby Oak?? Nice button and real cool about the strap hinges. They make a great display. Now all Dan and I have to do is get the iron restoration secrets from the Museum we are doing some hunting for. They look good when descaled and blackened!! Glad you took them home!! Looks like you had a rougher time digging than we did :yes:

that is her! the one and only. yeah G i'd like to learn what those museum people do to iron relics.
Gary puts his in a old plastic cooler with the old zinc mason jar lids on bottom ,lays the relics on the lids and fills the cooler with lye and water i think and lets them soak.seems to work well with his iron relics

coinnut
12-18-2010, 10:51 PM
that is her! the one and only.

I used to live just down the road a bit, from there. We did a lot of cellar holes in that area a few years back.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I used to live just down the road a bit, from there. We did a lot of cellar holes in that area a few years back.

well ya left us no coins geesh! :bop: we were just around the corner from that tree

sniffy
12-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah! Bring back the coins DEL and COINUT! Place them right where you found them. Had fun today Dave. Except this cold is pounding me. Maybe Ill post a picture of my #2 pewter button. lol. :frozen:

wild willy
12-19-2010, 07:07 AM
nice finds dave! ive been trying to pm you on a reply and everytime i do it i come up with a error. :dontknow: willy

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-19-2010, 08:16 AM
nice finds dave! ive been trying to pm you on a reply and everytime i do it i come up with a error. :dontknow: willy

Hey Will! the contest is over and I think I won :dontknow:
they haven't made the Official announcement yet.
thanks for voting if ya did!
Merry Christmas!

coinnut
12-19-2010, 12:34 PM
well ya left us no coins geesh! :bop: we were just around the corner from that tree

rofl been there.

Yeah! Bring back the coins DEL and COINUT! Place them right where you found them.

Can't blame Del for that site. It was way before his prison sentence detecting with me rofl

del
12-19-2010, 12:43 PM

rofl been there.

i know just how you guys felt as he doesn't leave much lol lol

Can't blame Del for that site. It was way before his prison sentence detecting with me rofl

yeah i got sentenced to life with George with no chance of parole :crying02: :crying02: why oh why couldn't i've of gotten the CHAIR instead lol lol :poke: :poke: :teasing:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-19-2010, 06:56 PM
i know just how you guys felt as he doesn't leave much lol lol

yeah i got sentenced to life with George with no chance of parole :crying02: :crying02: why oh why couldn't i've of gotten the CHAIR instead lol lol :poke: :poke: :teasing:

rofl rofl rofl rofl 8/

coinnut
12-19-2010, 10:42 PM

That part is coming later rofl

zrickkid
01-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Those are some nice strap hinges. Wonder what they came from?

giant056
01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Great bunch of finds Dave thumbsup01

Civil War Nut
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Got together with Sniffy for a brisk :frozen: cellar hole hunt.
not much at any of the sites we hit. Got a early colonial designed button and a major colonial strap hinge spill! rofl an early lamp base too.
was tough diggin in some spots.especially near cellar hole lips and trails. forget about it!
Merry christmas or happy holidays everone!
Nice finds Heavy. That tree looks like they do in La.

Evan/tn
01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Those are some cool pics HMN,i like seeing the finds still in the dirt and the area they are from :clapping:

tanacat
01-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Very nice! Love the hinges, button and esp that old tree!

greg
01-30-2011, 10:40 AM
I would like to climb that tree