PDA

View Full Version : Funny how things work out

pulltabsteve
12-19-2010, 11:38 AM
So 7am this morning I head out to the indian reservation to buy smokes. $26.00 a carton compared to close to $100.00 at any other store here on Long Island. And yes, I know its bad for me and I REALLY do have to quit... :eyebrow: So after getting the smokes I decided to stop at the car wash. Im in the place while my car is going through the wash and hear a loud bang. Across the front window of the place I see a nissan pathfinder come rolling to a stop with the back window blown out and the bumper pushed up to the rear seat. Look for the other car and its gone. Hit and run >:\ We all go outside, the guy in the pathfinder is ok. Someone comes walking across the street. He was sitting on his porch having some coffee and saw the whole thing. An older model green jeep cherokee was flying down the road, came up behind the pathfinder, slammed on his brakes, skidded about 50' and slammed into him. Then he hung a hard left and cut down some side streets. The guy who owns the pathfinder is bumming out untill 1 of the bystanders walks down the 100 yards, where the impact was and finds a license plate :grin: <: :happydance01: :peace: :clapping: :cheering: I wish I could have been there when the cops rolled up to the jeep owners house :popcorn:

coinnut
12-19-2010, 12:31 PM
:shocked04: Remind me never to hang out with you lol It's dangerous out there ;) Glad someone was good enough to take an interest in that accident and make a difference. :clapping: Congrats to them for being involved. I wish they video taped that Police interview rofl

Judy
12-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Hope the cop said to the Jeep owner ...Merry Christmas - this is gonna' be expensive :teasing: Sad tho, to think some in society could care less of their mistakes and the damages they inflict on others crying01

Pretty serious stuff up here in Canda - you leave the scene of an accident & they find you .... your butt's in jail!! Put's a whole new spin on buddies eh Steveo lol

pulltabsteve
12-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Hope the cop said to the Jeep owner ...Merry Christmas - this is gonna' be expensive :teasing: Sad tho, to think some in society could care less of their mistakes and the damages they inflict on others crying01

Pretty serious stuff up here in Canda - you leave the scene of an accident & they find you .... your butt's in jail!! Put's a whole new spin on buddies eh Steveo lol

What if the guy in the pathfinder had kids in the truck? Thats what gets me. The jeep owner just wanted to save HIS butt. I hope he was drunk and they lock him up for a long time. In the past 2 months there have been 8 wrong way head ons here on Long Island. All drunks. On the Island,we have some of the strictist DWI laws in the country. I dont get it.

Judy
12-19-2010, 05:09 PM
I dont get it.

Cause they choose to remain 1. either ignorant of anyone outside themselves or 2. they don't have a problem - it's the other guy

:hammer: :hammer:

Goat Rancher
12-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Nice of the guy leaving his calling card. I am sure he got a just reward. :yes:

Bell-Two
12-19-2010, 11:30 PM
A similar thing occurred on my street a few years ago, I was out working in the yard and I hear this tremedous bang from down at the end of our street, I looked and could not see anything as it was too far away. Then this car comes down the street all banged up and it stops by my house, the drilver gets out and obviously drunk and the female passenger slides over and gets behind the wheel and he gets in. As they drive off I get the license number and walk down to the end of the street and can see the car that had been plowed into. The police officer there happened to be a friend of mine and I told him what I saw and then I said I got his plate number he then laughed walked over and picked up part of the front bumper which had the front plate still on it and laughingly said &quot:grin:shocked04:n't need it I got the plate!

Carver
12-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Good story Steve. The old adage holds true,,,,,What goes around comes around,,,

angellionel
12-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I wish I could have been there when the cops rolled up to the jeep owners house :popcorn:

I wish I could have seen that too. lol I've had a parked car of mine badly dinged by someone who then just drove off. :ticked:

A similar thing occurred on my street a few years ago, I was out working in the yard and I hear this tremedous bang from down at the end of our street, I looked and could not see anything as it was too far away. Then this car comes down the street all banged up and it stops by my house, the drilver gets out and obviously drunk and the female passenger slides over and gets behind the wheel and he gets in. As they drive off I get the license number and walk down to the end of the street and can see the car that had been plowed into. The police officer there happened to be a friend of mine and I told him what I saw and then I said I got his plate number he then laughed walked over and picked up part of the front bumper which had the front plate still on it and laughingly said &quot:grin:shocked04:n't need it I got the plate!

Amazing! :shocked01: I'm sure they didn't like the follow-up visit. :beatdown:

odave
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
That's funny Steve !! Glad they'll get him and it would be fun to watch :popcorn:

channelmaniac
12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Man... I remember in my younger days getting into a wreck and getting screwed when the cop decided it was 1/2 my fault just because of my age...

A couple of years ago my wife & I were in the small city of Sherman, TX and saw this kid get hit in the side of his truck by an old old (OLD!) man. The kid dove over to the left and did everything he could to avoid the old codger but still got hit. The old man hung a U-Turn in front of us so we followed him a block so I could find a pen and write down the plate - he kept going and never looked back.

To keep that kid from getting screwed we stuck around to tell the cop what happened and to give him the plate # for the old man. The cop asked us what happend THREE times and I told him the exact same thing each time - and that the kid did everything he could to avoid the old man and it wasn't his fault at all.

The next day I got a call from a detective and the day after that from the kid's insurance company. Everyone seemed to question what the kid did and I had to repeat that he was 100% not at fault and did everything right in trying to avoid the accident. Idiots. I think if I hadn't gotten involved that the kid would've been screwed.

Your story on the plate being found back where the accident occured made me think of an incident here in town. We had to go the police station to make a report on a stolen bike and while we were there a guy pulled up in a mini-van that got hit from behind by a hit & run driver. Embossed in the mini-van's plastic rear bumper was a perfect negative of the plate from the vehicle that hit him. :twirlingeyes:

Epi-hunter
12-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Embossed in the mini-van's plastic rear bumper was a perfect negative of the plate from the vehicle that hit him. :twirlingeyes:

That is classic :yes: thumbsup01

That is a great story. Had you not been there that kid would have been screwed. I hope it worked out for him in the end.

I will also say that there are waaaaay too many very old people on the road who have no business being there :bangahead01: :mad: :ticked: