PDA

View Full Version : DID ANGEL SURPASS 1,000 SILVER COINS VOTE THREAD!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
you dug 1,000 silver coins in my book! i'm sure everyone agrees that those wartime nickels count as silver!
can we see a show of hands who say YAY! :peace:
anyone who says NAY might wanna remain anonymous :beatdeadhorse:

ok how many YAYS we got that Angel surpassed the 1,000 silver coin mark?
the voting results below..... if you agree 35 % silver wartime nickels count add your thumbs up.

DAVE W. thumbsup01 = YAY

Full Metal Digger
12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
You mean he hasn't been counting war nickels?? I always count them since they can be melted down for silver! Okay Angel, how many war nickels have you found this year?

angellionel
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh man, Dave! lol lol lol

You mean he hasn't been counting war nickels?? I always count them since they can be melted down for silver! Okay Angel, how many war nickels have you found this year?

I did find 18 this year, which would bring the total of silver coins found to 1,010. :yes:

del
12-20-2010, 07:08 PM
this years Grinch shall be played by Del the moderator

no way Dave :bop: real detectorist don't count nickles as silver not since 5cent coins were half dimes :eyebrow: you should know this. 8/ Angel has 8 more to go and he'll get that even if he has to rent a jackhammer to recover them or i have to buy them at a coinshop myself and throw them out into the snow for him to find. lol lol

[size=24pt]nay

angellionel
12-20-2010, 07:18 PM
rofl rofl rofl

No mercy. rofl rofl

Epi-hunter
12-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Let's look at the numbers, shall we? lol

A war nickel weighs 5.0 grams and is 35% silver (1.75 grams silver). A mercury dime weighs 2.5 grams and is 90% silver (2.25 grams silver).

I think if you are going to start leaving silver coins out based on percentages, then you need to do it across the board.

A silver Washington quarter weighs 6.25 grams and is 90% silver (5.6 grams silver). Quite a bit less than the dimes you are counting as the same. So by that argument, Angel, you need to not count the dimes if you are not going to count the war nickels. ;)

So, a silver coin is a silver coin. You counted mercs the same as Washington quarters the same as the many half dollars you have found which have lots more silver. Can't see how you can justify drawing the line at silver nickels. :)

That said, I know you will be out with a blowtorch digging on the 31st of December through the ice if you have to lol

coinnut
12-20-2010, 08:32 PM
BOO, War nickels don't count lol Don't get me started on the foreign coins either rofl I just know how much Angel loves the cold, so I vote NO on the war nickels :cheesysmile: Besides, we love inflicting pain and suffering whenever possible. :poke: I vote off with his head for the guy that started this poll :bop: rofl

del
12-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Besides, we love inflicting pain and suffering whenever possible. :poke: I vote off with his head for the guy that started this poll :bop: rofl

lol rofl rofl lol thumbsup01 = yay

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
rofl give the man his dues! he passed 1,000! pssst hey Angel..they are just jealous that's all. you done did it in my book buddy! :clapping:

coinnut
12-20-2010, 08:40 PM
rofl give the man his dues! he passed 1,000! pssst hey Angel..they are just jealous that's all. you done did it in my book buddy! :clapping:

Famous last words lol We are taking request for your last meal now Dave :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Let's look at the numbers, shall we? lol

A war nickel weighs 5.0 grams and is 35% silver (1.75 grams silver). A mercury dime weighs 2.5 grams and is 90% silver (2.25 grams silver).

I think if you are going to start leaving silver coins out based on percentages, then you need to do it across the board.

A silver Washington quarter weighs 6.25 grams and is 90% silver (5.6 grams silver). Quite a bit less than the dimes you are counting as the same. So by that argument, Angel, you need to not count the dimes if you are not going to count the war nickels. ;)

So, a silver coin is a silver coin. You counted mercs the same as Washington quarters the same as the many half dollars you have found which have lots more silver. Can't see how you can justify drawing the line at silver nickels. :)

That said, I know you will be out with a blowtorch digging on the 31st of December through the ice if you have to lol

c'mon Angie we need the YAY symbol! thumbsup01 to make it official!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Famous last words lol We are taking request for your last meal now Dave :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

gulps hard :-\ Lobster? with some colonial clams and oysters please! and put my 2 G.W.'s in each eye socket as you lay my headed body in a pine box please crying01

coinnut
12-20-2010, 08:46 PM
gulps hard :-\ Lobster? with some colonial clams and oysters please! and put my 2 G.W.'s in each eye socket as you lay my headed body in a pine box please crying01

Ok then, meatloaf it is lol And thanks for donationg both GW's to the forum. You are a real sport Dave lol

Epi-hunter
12-20-2010, 08:48 PM
c'mon Angie we need the YAY symbol! thumbsup01 to make it official!

Oh for crying out loud. Isn't my math enough? lol

Okay... yay :boxing:

Oops. I mean, yay. :peace:

del
12-20-2010, 08:50 PM
pssst hey Angel..they are just jealous that's all.

that goes without saying Dave lol lol but i couldn't consider a coin silver unles it was atleast half 50% silver or more. ;)

Ok then, meatloaf it is lol And thanks for donationg both GW's to the forum. You are a real sport Dave lol

rofl rofl lol wow thats brutallity at its best right there lol lol

coinnut
12-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh for crying out loud. Isn't my math enough? lol

Okay... yay :boxing:

Oops. I mean, yay. :peace:

Of all people Angie....YOU :shocked04: getting soft on the totals?? :confused: I think I remember you asking for 1200 lol Don't listen to Dave, we're planning his execution right now lol

Epi-hunter
12-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Of all people Angie....YOU :shocked04: getting soft on the totals?? :confused: I think I remember you asking for 1200 lol Don't listen to Dave, we're planning his execution right now lol

I had a soft moment, feeling sorry for Angel out there on the last day of December doing this :frozen: lol Because I had a premonition that I would be hearing about my 1200 prediction during that time and I would not have a defense :cheesysmile:

ProPointer
12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Yay :cheering:

-PP

ProPointer
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
I also see that Angel has found more silver coinage than I have modern coin THIS YEAR. :shocked01:

Thats unbelievable.

-PP

Full Metal Digger
12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Good job with the real numbers Epi! Since 2 war nickels contains 3.5 grams of silver (quite a bit more than one puny merc), then perhaps 2 war nickels = 1 silver?? :thinkingabout:

BHNugget
12-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I vote go for it Angel!! Eight more silvers in eleven days is a cake walk for you! lol thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
12-20-2010, 11:04 PM
thumbsup01 YAH!!

milco
12-20-2010, 11:29 PM
thumbsup01 YAY!!! Does it really matter as he has 800-900 more silvers than most of us found this year!

dave in iowa
12-20-2010, 11:58 PM
I always count my war nickles , i vote yes and he has to come to each of our areas and show us how he does it lol :beerbuddy: :) thumbsup01

randy
12-21-2010, 06:26 AM
I say they count. :yes: Silver is silver.

If they don't count, does that mean I can't count my silver 3 cent piece, which only has 0.675 grams of silver? :confused: I think we'd agree that silver 3 cent pieces count, so why not a coin with more than twice the silver?

CyberSage
12-21-2010, 09:20 AM
I would like to know how many Wheats you found Angel? This has to be an impressive number as well!

angellionel
12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Thank you everyone! :beerbuddy: Either way it's been fun! :smitten:

I would like to know how many Wheats you found Angel? This has to be an impressive number as well!

I think I am close to 1,800. :confused: I will be counting them next week. :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-21-2010, 09:37 AM

while you are in the counting mood..ya may as well count those IH's too!
curious

angellionel
12-21-2010, 09:42 AM
while you are in the counting mood..ya may as well count those IH's too!
curious

I found 144 Indian Head cents this year. :yes: At year-end I'll be posting a final count of many of the other finds too.

coinnut
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I say they count. :yes: Silver is silver.

If they don't count, does that mean I can't count my silver 3 cent piece, which only has 0.675 grams of silver? :confused: I think we'd agree that silver 3 cent pieces count, so why not a coin with more than twice the silver?

lol Del made a 50% and up silver rule rofl All coins that have at least 50 % silver, count. Everyone realizes we are just bustin' Angel right?? :yes:

SeabeeRon
12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
thumbsup01 :cheering: :clapping: I for one am looking forward to that Year End post to see all those goodies!!! :twirlingeyes: :drool: :loveit:

...and Dave, do you know what you are saying??!!?

he has to come to each of our areas and show us how he does it lol :beerbuddy: :) thumbsup01

... no silver across the country would be safe!!!!! :rolleyes: :teasing:

jkress
12-21-2010, 02:06 PM
thumbsup01

However...I'll bet he hits 1k without nickels too.

Just incredible either way.

RobW
12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
As if my 2 cents are worth anything......
I personally would count the silver war nickels...after all, it's in the title and does have silver
However, I believe it ultimatly is up to Angel as to whether he would want to count them, and how much of a purest he is.

Would you guys count a 1965-70 half dollar as silver:huh::huh: I sure would.

Haven't been on the board lately....but I do hope all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas Season!!!!!

zrickkid
12-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Silver is silver. I dont feel like knocking 4 coins off my silver count because they were nickels. Anyway he will make the 1000 coins count anyway and the point will be moot.

Ill Digger
12-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey everyone !! just got my new computer up..... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I haven't been counting my war nickels either.
But I did count one Canadian silver dime. :dontknow:
So I guess it a Nah on my part too...... :popcorn: