PDA

View Full Version : Howdy all y'all

channelmaniac
12-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Hello from the Dallas Metromess!

Name here is Raymond and I'm addicted to metal detecting.

I have many different metal detectors - all White's: Prizm II, Prizm IV, Classic III, Eagle Spectrum, Surfmaster II, DFX, and TDI. I'm also a dealer.

I've been detecting since the mid 80s when I started with a new Coinmaster TR. Talk about dig everything! It had no discrimination.

I'm also into hunting, gunsmithing, coin collecting, repairing electronics (old computers - 486 & earlier back to the 70's, old game consoles - Sega Genesis and older, and arcade game boards.), and driving my Miata.

Oh, and yes. My metal detectors DO fit in there. So do my rifles. You should see the looks I get driving to the range with the top down and the hard rifle case wedged between the back side of the passenger seat and the roll bar! :)

RJ

odave
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Welcome RJ !! I'm new here too !

pulltabsteve
12-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Well, look who it is! How are you RJ? Metal detecting thumbsup01 Guns thumbsup01 Miata :dontknow: Hope you're doing well!

channelmaniac
12-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Other than battling a cold, :sick: I'm doing well thanks!

I'm ANXIOUSLY waiting on the last 4 parts I need to finish my AR15 project. :happydance01:

Seems like I know you guys from somewhere. I'm having trouble putting my finger on it... :teasing:

coinnut
12-21-2010, 07:33 PM
How are you channelmaniac, welcome aboard. Perhaps we can introduce you to other makes of machines lol I used to have a Coinmaster V Supreme (brand new lol) in the day. Talk about digging lots of holes ;)

Judy
12-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Seems like I know you guys from somewhere. I'm having trouble putting my finger on it... :teasing:

... cough ... cough hmmm you dooo look familiar :thinkingabout: lol

Hey RJ :beerbuddy:

Goat Rancher
12-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey RJ...........good to see you over here. :beerbuddy:

angellionel
12-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Welcome from Western Massachusetts! :beerbuddy:

CyberSage
12-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Welcome from the front range of Colorado! Glad you logged in! Looking forward to your participation.

Jack

del
12-22-2010, 03:52 AM
hello and welcome to the forum Channelmaniac , you seem to be familiar as well :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: glad you found us here.

Dan

Carver
12-22-2010, 07:37 AM
RJ!!!!!
Familiar? Yes you are!!! :clapping: :clapping:
Great to see you here!!!
I didn't know gunsmithing was one of your things. My brother is a gunsmith.
I gotta get your project finished soon!!!

Epi-hunter
12-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Hello there RJ, and welcome :) I have mostly been a Minelab user but just recently purchased a V3i that I am learning.

My convertible is just slightly larger than yours (Celica GT) thumbsup01

channelmaniac
12-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

A big group of us joined over here after the massive changes that have happened over on the White's forum. I'm a former moderator there so I'll try to be on my best behavior here as I know what it's like to herd cats. :mad:

HAHAHAHAHA!

Carver, I'm waiting on the last 4 parts to finish my AR-15 project! They should be here any day and I'm hoping that the USPS folks can get them here before Christmas. The next project will be an AR-10, a.k.a. the .308 NATO version of the AR-15. We have a huge wild pig problem in Texas and I think a nice semi-auto carbine would let me get more than one pig when a group of them start attacking the deer feeders. Those pesky critters have NO natural enemies, breed like crazy, and will knock over a deer feeder to eat the corn.

RJ

Judy
12-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

A big group of us joined over here after the massive changes that have happened over on the White's forum. I'm a former moderator there so I'll try to be on my best behavior here as I know what it's like to herd cats. :mad:

HAHAHAHAHA!

:poke: meeeowwww :grin:

Napa Steve
12-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Great to have you here RJ, its all good here thumbsup01 thumbsup01

zrickkid
12-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Welcome from icy cold Illinois! :frozen: :frozen: :frozen: :frozen:

Dimeman
12-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Just signed up...... Toad sent me an invite...... Looks like a good family reunion here. ;)

Robbie

mike l
12-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Hey Ray, Welcome from Long Island, NY :beerbuddy:

Carl in Louisiana
12-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Hey RJ !!! Glad to see you around again...lol :peace:

giant056
12-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Good to see you here RJ thumbsup01

Nitro 54
12-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Nice to se you here also RJ. thumbsup01 At least here we don't have to edit our selves when we want to talk about another brand .. 8)

Bedrock
12-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome from snowy northern California. It is 7 degrees outside.

channelmaniac
12-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks everyone!

It's nice to see a lot of familiar faces. :cheesysmile:

Haven't been detecting in a bit... just got back from hunting. The only thing I brought back was the 1/8 long mesquite thorn tip that I just dug out of my thumb. OUCH. I hope to get out early Sunday morning to one of my favorite tot lots.

Raymond

PS: A day of bad hunting still beats a good day in the city. There's nothing like hiking in the woods and getting back in nature.

fastfwd
01-03-2011, 09:14 PM
woot ! lets have a pic of that AR you built !

Ill Digger
01-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum from the frozen corn fields of Illinois ! :frozen:

DaleGM
01-04-2011, 12:45 PM
back at ya RJ,and careful with that BB gun, dont want to put somebody's eye out :beerbuddy:

Jeff (or)
01-04-2011, 06:08 PM
RJ, great to have you here!! Your AR-15 project sounds interesting!! :beerbuddy:

channelmaniac
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks!

Nice to see a bunch of familiar faces here. :grin:

It weighs in right at 7lbs. I used the Cavalry Arms composite lower, a flat top upper, and a DPMS 5.56 Carbine barrel and Magpul handguards. I have $520 in the rifle, minus mags but it took me about 1 1/2 years of shopping to put it together and get the prices that low.

I did the assembly of the lower parts kit with supervision of my gunsmith friend... then put the upper together myself (installed the follow through, eject port door, etc...) but did cheat and buy the bolt/carrier fully assembled. The barrel assembly came with the front sight assembled and my friend helped me mount the barrel to the upper and install the gas tube. I finished it up by snapping the handguards on.

The rifle will be for plinking targets, pigs, and varmints... and won't be gageted to death. No lasers, lights, or other junk on it... just a simple rifle.

It'll be a gunsafe queen for a couple of months though. We're schedule to close on another house on Friday... next comes building a workshop and moving.

M-Taliesin
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Howdy R.J.!
Sure is great to have you over here. What with the shenanigans elsewhere I figure there will be a negative impact on sales of machines from that particular manufacturer. I wouldn't want to be a dealer in coming months. I was going to buy another machine in the next few weeks, and now anticipate shopping elsewhere when it comes time to lay money on the table.

But I digress! Welcome to this wonderful forum. I figured I must'a responded to this thread, but discovered to my chagrin that I hadn't chimed in so here it is! Welcome aboard.

Ya know... I believe I've seen you post more over here since the kerfuffle than I've seen you post in many a moon! Glad you decided to share some of your time with us on American Detectorist. Huzzah.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Vito
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey Ray, how small this universe is at all. lol TNX for the welcome. Same to you.