PDA

View Full Version : I bought myself an early Christmas present

Goat Rancher
12-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I own quite a few guns and have always been interested in shooting and hunting. I saw this one the other day and couldn't pass it up. I live on 33 acres of classified forest land with an acre and a half pond so varmint control is necessary sometimes. This is the coolest gun I have seen for awhile. It is a Kel-Tec PMR-30 which is a 22 magnum pistol with a 30 round magazine.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Private/DSC02017.jpg

The Paddle-Pak holder under the pistol is a one piece belt holder for a cell phone and extra magazine or flashlight which is pretty handy.

Here is a demo video of the pistol:

Tactical-Life.com Kel-Tec PMR-30 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTizq4NCto
#ws)

Here is a Video of the same pistol converted to a sub gun to check out the realiability of the feed, ejection, and magazine function:

Kel-Tec PMR-30 Subgun, Tactical-Life.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6GxFws8B7k&feature=related#ws)

coinnut
12-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice little piece. I only have one issue with it....all them blasted slugs and casings I have to find detecting rofl Man that would make for lots of little slugs everywhere. lol I think a couple of guys here are into guns. Maybe they can add some intelligent comments, not like mine :shocked04: lol

Carver
12-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Cool pistol Steve!! My son would go nuts over that :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Evan/tn
12-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Dang that thing is bad...in a good way thumbsup01

exsquid
12-23-2010, 04:34 PM
VARMINTS Beware....

That ought to change a few attitudes of the interlopers...

Coooool...

Napa Steve
12-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Dirty Harry's got nothing on you Steve, cool addition to the collection thumbsup01

Judy
12-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Swwweettttttt - wait till Snoopster sees that thumbsup01

Goat Rancher
12-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Swwweettttttt - wait till Snoopster sees that thumbsup01

LOL....................where is that rascal anyway:huh:

Thanks for the comments folks. A guy has to have his toys you know. :grin:

giant056
12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Awesome pistol and I see U.S.A. on it :grin: I'm gonna have to check out the spec's on that puppie!

odave
12-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow !! Very Cool Steve !!

Carl in Louisiana
12-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow cool weapon....I been thinking of getting a 22 rifle to start hunting again but after seeing that thing it might be better to hunt with as my eye sight is getting worse :dontknow:

pulltabsteve
12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
NICE! Take that fully auto Wabbit hunting rofl

Goat Rancher
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM
NICE! Take that fully auto Wabbit hunting rofl

Now that would be a blast ! :peace:

Carl in Louisiana
12-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Now that would be a blast ! :peace:

Oh yea I could see the leaves, dirt and bark flying now <:

Nitro 54
12-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Nice new toy Santa brought you Steve ... Thats a lot of shots in a pistal .. thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
01-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh yea! I like that one alot!!! :drool:

greg
01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
nice weapon. I gotta move to a free state to own one of those without going through moutains of paper work.

cnr_dogs
01-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Nice little toy you got there is it only capable of shooting magnums ? or can it take long rifles also? Sweet shoot for sure either way congrats on the toy

M-Taliesin
01-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Howdy Amigo!
That's a remarkable weapon. Personally I prefer a 40 cal, but nothing wrong when you can sling that much lead downrange. Nice! While a 40 cal might make a bigger hole, that little guy can make a lot more of them in a real short span of time!

Right now, I'm pretty happy with my latest present I got for Yule.
Mossburg Mavrick Model 88 12ga!
Great for home defence, and an excellent deterrent when some miscreant hears the pump rack up a round into the chamber!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Goat Rancher
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Nice little toy you got there is it only capable of shooting magnums ? or can it take long rifles also? Sweet shoot for sure either way congrats on the toy

Only 22 magnum. I am hoping they will come out with it in 22 LR also.

Mel.............nice weapon. You're right, the sound of a shotgun getting racked will get anyone's attention. :shocked04: I carry a 45acp for personal protection most of the time. I have concealed carry permits to carry in 33 states. I keep a sawed off 12 gauge around for home defense and of course an AK47 and AR15. :interesting:

Armed and ready. http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/goatrancher/Private/pistol-shots2.gif

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Thats a nice christmas present for sure, check this out real fun to shoot.

Goat Rancher
01-04-2011, 02:02 PM
That's a cool looking weapon Todd, but what is it? :confused:

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 02:08 PM
It's a beretta CX4 storm in the 40 S&W, they offer it in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45ACP.

Goat Rancher
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
COOL :peace: Better hang on to that, you might need it when the NATO troops come to take our weapons. :thinkingabout:

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
COOL :peace: Better hang on to that, you might need it when the NATO troops come to take our weapons. :thinkingabout:

Howdy Goat Rancher!
After hurricane Katrina, it was Blackwater that went through town and took weapons from citizens.
So much for the 2nd amendment!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 09:53 PM
The bad thing is there is no where to shoot around here anymore the place I used to go you have to pay and they have a range master so even if you have a permit to carry you can't walk up with a loaded gun. Its a government place and they charge you for the time now make you pay deposit cause you have to use their target holders and if you hit the matal edge they keep the deposit you have to wait 20min to go check your target, even if there is only 2 of you and both are not shooting at the time( reloading mags or whatever). I just really don't need someone that isn't as good or safe with guns telling me how and what to do. So I got to drive an hour and a half to the range there is one about an hour away but haven't checked it yet it may be like the one I won't go to anymore.

Goat Rancher
01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
That's a bummer Todd. :bangahead01: I live in the sticks on 33 acres of forest land so I can shoot anywhere here. Even off the front porch or out the windows if I want to. ;)

You're welcome to come here and shoot anytime. :beerbuddy:

wingmaster
01-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Might take you up on that when it gets nice out, I used to know a guy that had a bait shop/little store out there off 42 about 20yrs ago where I done some hunting. He was kinda the care taker for the property as Tony Halman owned the property when he passed away he tried to buy it but the family wouldn't sell it because they thought they were getting ripped off they didn't even know about it or where it was. The bait shop has been closed down for a very long time now, I think he may have passed away, I met him through my brother-in-law they used to work together. The property went right down to the lake and a real good spot to fish down there the walk down wasn't bad but the walk back up was a little rough.