PDA

View Full Version : Funny MD Story

channelmaniac
12-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Wasn't sure where on this forum to put this story... so I thought why not here. :)

If you have a funny story, share it!

A couple of years ago I flew to the SF Bay Area for work and while there I visited with Greg Moscini of Trans Bay Metal Detectors. While there we were talking about pinpointers and I picked up a couple... a blue Bullseye 2 and a Vibraprobe.

Well, I put those in my laptop bag and forgot about them for the next couple of days while at work but then it was time to head to the airport. I was checking my bag and suddenly remembered the pinpointers! I sat my laptop bag down and it tipped over and the Vibraprobe turned on. BUZZZZZZ...

I grabbed it and turned it over to disconnect the battery and I looked up... The flight attendant had a funny look on her face and her eyes got real big. Uh oh. She had no idea what a pinpointer was but she thought she knew what she saw vibrating when it was pulled out of my laptop bag!

I tried to say what a pinpointer was but just stopped after about 10 seconds, threw 'em in the checked bag, and just went through security.

I still chuckle when thinking about that look on her face. I wonder what she told her co-workers!

RJ

Carver
12-23-2010, 07:58 AM
LOL!!! I got a pretty good idea what she was thinking RJ,, :devilish: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: >:) :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Evan/tn
12-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Well at least it gave you both a good story to tell lol lol

coinnut
12-23-2010, 03:18 PM
She is probably still telling that story lol You did the right thing by just stopping the explanation. It would have just got worse and worse rofl

exsquid
12-23-2010, 03:42 PM
intelligence is knowing when to stop digging your hole deeper...you did good to just forget it...

:grin:

Goat Rancher
12-23-2010, 04:47 PM
That's one time it was best just to shut up. Funny story. lol

Napa Steve
12-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Now thats funny, I glad you didn't bring up the depth of the pinpointer, great story :clapping:

Judy
12-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Too funny RJ!! You should have told her you just got back from making a movie - you'd be willing to give autographs :popcorn: lol

odave
01-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Too funny RJ!! You should have told her you just got back from making a movie - you'd be willing to give autographs :popcorn: lol

rofl rofl rofl lol lol

Dimeman
01-07-2011, 11:25 AM
That is waaaaay too funny !!!!!!!! rofl rofl

M-Taliesin
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Howdy RJ!
You asked about funny stories, and I have a plethora of them I could share. So many, in fact, it is tough to select only one. But here goes!

Me and Pipster were out on a night hunt, musta been around midnight, and we were visiting a school tot lot covered in pea gravel. That is gonna be funnier in a minute! We had our headlamps going and were working our way through the place when nature suddenly calling rather insistantly. I looked around and saw that there wasn't anybody around, and the nearest house was hundreds of feet away. This wasn't one of those situations where you can hang on until a more appropriate venue, because I really had to go real bad all of a sudden.

I told Pipster I was going to take care of a little business and turned off my headlamp. It was a really dark night without a hint of moonlight and this tot lot was way back from anything resembling a light source. I figured I could resolve the situation without much fuss. So I walked over to a lonesome corner of the lot and made myself to home.

With a tremendous sense of relief, I got myself put back together and grabbed my detector. As I turned to head back into the tot lot, my coil passed over a puddle I'd created. And it beeped!

There was a real feeling of chagrin as I passed the coil over that particular spot again, and sure enough, there was a strong signal right in the middle of that puddle. I couldn't believe the irony taking place. I turned my headlamp back on and probed with my Lesche. Almost immediately I caught the glint of gold!
Working carefully to extract the item, not wanting to get anything on myself, I soon pulled a gold ring out of that puddle. It was astounding, bizarre and bewildering, but there it was, gleaming brightly in the light of my lamp, with the point of my Lesche sticking through where a finger oughtta be!

I walked over to where Pipster was working and told him to see what I'd found. I was holding the ring, still on the Lesche, as I got close enough for him to reach out with his hand and take it from the blade. He examined it approvingly and everything was just peachy until he asked Where'd you find this?
I replied right in the middle of that puddle I made!

The expression on his face changed like he'd been slapped. One second he was all smiles and approval, the next instant he was a grimace of disgust and annoyance as he shoved the ring back toward me.
you could have told me that before I grabbed it!
Yeah, I replied, &quot:beerbuddy:ut you didn't ask soon enough!

I don't know rightly whether Pipster ever got over that particular incident, but he aint quite as quick to take hold of any of my finds nowadays!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
01-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Howdy RJ!
You asked about funny stories, and I have a plethora of them I could share. So many, in fact, it is tough to select only one. But here goes!

Me and Pipster were out on a night hunt, musta been around midnight, and we were visiting a school tot lot covered in pea gravel. That is gonna be funnier in a minute! We had our headlamps going and were working our way through the place when nature suddenly calling rather insistantly. I looked around and saw that there wasn't anybody around, and the nearest house was hundreds of feet away. This wasn't one of those situations where you can hang on until a more appropriate venue, because I really had to go real bad all of a sudden.

I told Pipster I was going to take care of a little business and turned off my headlamp. It was a really dark night without a hint of moonlight and this tot lot was way back from anything resembling a light source. I figured I could resolve the situation without much fuss. So I walked over to a lonesome corner of the lot and made myself to home.

With a tremendous sense of relief, I got myself put back together and grabbed my detector. As I turned to head back into the tot lot, my coil passed over a puddle I'd created. And it beeped!

There was a real feeling of chagrin as I passed the coil over that particular spot again, and sure enough, there was a strong signal right in the middle of that puddle. I couldn't believe the irony taking place. I turned my headlamp back on and probed with my Lesche. Almost immediately I caught the glint of gold!
Working carefully to extract the item, not wanting to get anything on myself, I soon pulled a gold ring out of that puddle. It was astounding, bizarre and bewildering, but there it was, gleaming brightly in the light of my lamp, with the point of my Lesche sticking through where a finger oughtta be!

I walked over to where Pipster was working and told him to see what I'd found. I was holding the ring, still on the Lesche, as I got close enough for him to reach out with his hand and take it from the blade. He examined it approvingly and everything was just peachy until he asked Where'd you find this?
I replied right in the middle of that puddle I made!

The expression on his face changed like he'd been slapped. One second he was all smiles and approval, the next instant he was a grimace of disgust and annoyance as he shoved the ring back toward me.
you could have told me that before I grabbed it!
Yeah, I replied, &quot:beerbuddy:ut you didn't ask soon enough!

I don't know rightly whether Pipster ever got over that particular incident, but he aint quite as quick to take hold of any of my finds nowadays!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

rofl Remind me to never handle your posts lol

giant056
01-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Great story RJ thumbsup01

russellt
01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
im surprised she didnt take it away from you in case she got ...... lonely 8/

Nitro 54
01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Thinkin about hi-jackin a jet with a vibrater RJ rofl rofl

Toadman
01-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Take the batts out of your toys dude !! :shocked04: :shocked04: You know i'm playing, Funny story !! :peace: :peace: :peace:

M-Taliesin
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Howdy Folks!
I for another story for the thread!

I was on a hunt with Pipster one afternoon and this particular location (elementary school) had a fair size tot lot on the west side of the building with 2 structures on it some 30 feet apart, I reckon. Pipster headed to one structure, and I went to the one toward the west.

After about 15 or 20 minutes of working, Pipster hollered out and I rushed over to see what was happening. He was on his knees under the structure, his grin as wide as the Texas skies as he held up his finger with a gold ring on it. Gold? I asked. Yup! he replied. 10k!
I congratulated him and as is our fashion, bumped knuckles with him. His eyes were bright and his smile brilliant as I gave him kudos for a terrific find.

Then I grabbed my detector's grip and said Now it's my turn to find.....
My voice trailed off because when I picked up my detector, I got a strong hit as I turned to my right. Uh oh! I said. Pipster's ear to ear smile disappeared like it had been blown off his face with a Colt peacemaker. You kidding me? he cried as he came to where I was now bent over and working at the wood chips with my DX-1 probe. No he said, This ain't happening! But within another few seconds, I'd uncovered a beautiful 14k bracelet! Pipster was close to having a myocardial infarction! He couldn't believe that happened. I didn't have time to complete that sentence, now it's my turn and bang! I got me some gold too!

Now he wont say anything about a great find until we get back to the car for some reason I find mysterious.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin