PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hunt Today

mike l
12-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Got out for a 1.5 hour hunt today before running some errands. Hit a local woods spot in my home town that has been pounded hard since the 80's. Every time I go there I see fresh plugs everywhere. Found 2 rosies and some kind of token. Its about the same size as a large cent but thin as a dime, VDI'd at 70. Says London and something across the top, and has a crown on it. The back is smooth. Anybody seen one of these?HH :grin:

pulltabsteve
12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Cool token? Mike. Silvers are alway fun to dig. I plan on heading out early tomorrow morning.

del
12-23-2010, 06:39 PM
hey Mike nice dimes thumbsup01 the other item or token looks more like an old button and it looks like the shank broke off in the middle from the picture and the words best plated along the top , alot of early 19th century and late 18th century buttons were made in London and had a crown on the back of them and were imported in this country in mass quantities . how about describing the other side or showing a picture so we can confirm this Mike.

Dan

Carver
12-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice woods hunt there Mike!!! Never seen the token before :dontknow:

leslie(nova scotia)
12-23-2010, 06:58 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...fresh plugs...lol! My first time in the UK dug a hammered silver in another bouys footprints. Best of the season to you and the brood young gipper!

coinnut
12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Mike congrats on the flat button and dime. It must feel good to pull some good finds from a hunted hard area. :clapping:

mike l
12-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey Mike congrats on the flat button and dime. It must feel good to pull some good finds from a hunted hard area. :clapping:
No site is ever hunted out! lol

angellionel
12-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Nice dimes Mike!

mike l
12-23-2010, 08:32 PM
hey Mike nice dimes thumbsup01 the other item or token looks more like an old button and it looks like the shank broke off in the middle from the picture and the words best plated along the top , alot of early 19th century and late 18th century buttons were made in London and had a crown on the back of them and were imported in this country in mass quantities . how about describing the other side or showing a picture so we can confirm this Mike.

Dan
Hi Dan, The other side is smooth with no writing or designs. Thanks for the info, I'm leaning toward button now! :yes:

Goat Rancher
12-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Congrats on the silver Mike. thumbsup01

del
12-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Dan, The other side is smooth with no writing or designs. Thanks for the info, I'm leaning toward button now! :yes:

no problem Mike , i hate it when they are about that certain size and the shank is busted off because thats the first thought you get hey cool i got somekind of coin here then you clean it up and realize its a shankless button . but where theres button like that there is also old coins .

coinnut
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM

Here's a similar button although a smaller version. It's about the size of a nickel and yours is quarter size or a bit larger. I think it says Best plate or plated on the top. These London buttons are old buttons for sure!! Nice find.

Epi-hunter
12-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Great hunt!! Love the dimes ... and it looks like you have a nice old button. You all are making me wish I could get out :crying02:

Napa Steve
12-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Im not sure what the token is, it kind of looks like it has the letters first on it, nice token and silver finds thumbsup01