PDA

View Full Version : far too few and far between

Jason in Enid
11-25-2009, 04:38 PM
It's been 11 days since my last silver, and that was a religious medal. It's been a lot longer since I found my last silver coin. Well, I guess I can start counting over again becuase I nabbed one more. I'm really shocked at the lack of finds. I went to a house (still standing) that was built in 1920. The backyard was almost solid trash, but the front was pretty clean. I only found one thing old. The Gearge Washington bicentenial commerative. I had no idea how old it was at the time. I just got it clean enough to see what it is. Everything else from that site was modern. Maybe after the city demolishes the property they will scrape some ground and I can find something good.

After leaving there disapointed I went back to the latest park I have been hunting. It's only given up one oldy so far, a 1911 wheatie at 3 inches. I started working a pattern in the back area of the field (it's a baseball field now), and it was Q U I E T !! a few surface finds, and lots and lots of threshold hum. Then finally I got a signal. Jumped from the dime to quarter range, jumping a bit and showed 7 inches. After cutting a wide, 6 inch deep plug I found it off the side, so it must have been on edge. That horrible gouge wasn't from me, :mad: I broke open a clump of dirt and my first view was the rim. Apparently the last hunter hit it, pushed it on edge, and then couldn't get the signal again. Gotta LOVE that X1 probe!!!

coinnut
11-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey Jason, at least you scored silver thumbsup01 I'm surprised on the house hunt though. With all that trash, I'd figure there would be some masked silver hiding there. Are you swinging super slow?? I don't do many houses, but at cellar holes, I swing so slow that time passes right by me lol. Really, very slow, so that the machine is in null most of the time. I get some good keepers that way. Great that the silver slump is over ;)

MNDigger
11-25-2009, 04:56 PM
WTG on the merc even though she has seen better days! lol At least you broke your silver slump! thumbsup01

angellionel
11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
That's a very neat commemorative coin. Nice going on the silver too. thumbsup01

z118
11-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I'll take a beat up Merc anytime! Congrats...

OkieDigger
11-25-2009, 05:47 PM
I'd take it! Not sure why you're complaining about not finding silver though:huh: You're still in Oklahoma right? That's par for the course. lol

marchas45
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Great finds Jason, love the commemorative and a silver coin is a silver coin, hope I find one tomorrow no matter the condition. thumbsup01

Dave
11-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Jason, Congrats on the commemorative and the silver!

Islandhunter
11-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Nice finds Jason, I love finding those commemmoratives for they are unique in themselves. Now that you broke your little mini-slump hopefully the silver will start showing more regularly for ya!! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
11-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I LOVE that commemorative coin! Great find! And congrats on the merc. More will come, hang in there :)

Yes, the X-1 is worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned :)

Bentfork
11-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Cool token Jason. Great find.

hoser
11-26-2009, 04:01 AM
Great looking commemorative. And I too would take the silver for sure. Well done. :cheesysmile:

Jason in Enid
11-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I too would take the silver for sure.

Well I sure wasn't about to throw it back into the hole! lol