PDA

View Full Version : Goal Achieved - 1,000th Silver Coin

angellionel
12-24-2010, 06:41 PM
I just couldn't wait for the weekend to try and pick up a few more silver coins before the year ends, so I took the afternoon to detect at the same park I had been hitting recently. The park has a very trashy section, so I worked that area first in the hopes of picking up a modern silver coin or two. I did better, digging up three Roosevelt silver dimes, dated 1947-D, 1956, and 1964-D, all three were no deeper than five inches. Now I needed just one more silver coin to make the 1,000 mark (without counting the wartime silver nickels). :happydance01:

At this point I moved out to the field that had yielded several old coins during the past few hunts. There weren't many targets, but after a while I had what sounded like a silver coin, though the tone was a bit odd. A silver dime on edge or a clad quarter I thought. I was hoping for a Barber or seated coin, even a mercury dime, but what a surprise it was to see another Roosevelt dime in the dirt pile.

My 1,000th silver coin of the year - a 1957 Roosevelt dime.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/1957rooseveltdime_122410.jpg

Never during all my detecting years have I been so happy about finding Roosevelt dimes. :smitten: lol

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/silverdimes_122410.jpg

This one was a very sweet surprise - a vintage sterling silver cufflink. :smitten:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/cufflink_122410.jpg

Now I can just relax. It has been a great year!

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/December/etraconfield_122410.jpg

I wish everyone a successful and very happy new year!

HH!

pulltabsteve
12-24-2010, 06:50 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!! :peace: CONGRATULATIONS on the 1K :cheering: I really like those cufflinks :twirlingeyes:

[size=36pt][size=36pt]AWESOME

midas
12-24-2010, 07:03 PM
:cheering: :clapping: CONGRATS, Angel. 1K is a lifetime achievement for some. But in 1 year :cheering:
What's on tap for 2011 - 2K?? Words can't say how happy I am for you. This is a monumental achievement. There's still 7 more days til the end of the year. Maybe a few more? Again Congratulations :clapping:

angellionel
12-24-2010, 07:15 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!! :peace: CONGRATULATIONS on the 1K :cheering: I really like those cufflinks :twirlingeyes:

[size=36pt][size=36pt]AWESOME

Thanks, Steve! :beerbuddy: I really like the cufflink too. It's the first sterling silver one I have found this year. :yes:

:cheering: :clapping: CONGRATS, Angel. 1K is a lifetime achievement for some. But in 1 year :cheering:
What's on tap for 2011 - 2K?? Words can't say how happy I am for you. This is a monumental achievement. There's still 7 more days til the end of the year. Maybe a few more? Again Congratulations :clapping:

Hey John! :grin: Thanks! thumbsup01 I may still get out this weekend, but at least now it will be a relaxing hunt if I do so. lol Next year I plan to take it easy and just detect for whatever comes my way. Now I can go back to all the sites I've hit this year and see if I can pick up the lower conductive targets. ;) I may even hit the shore more often :yes: Thanks again! thumbsup01

CyberSage
12-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Way to go Angel! That is just an astounding feat of Metal detecting on your part. Congratulations on a year of detecting that was just phenomenal. Man that must be one huge pile of Silver. :happydance01:

ProPointer
12-24-2010, 07:41 PM
thumbsup01 I really dont think that there is any word in our dictionary that can define your feeling - well done! :peace:

-PP

jkress
12-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Very well done sir... <:

I think everyone here knew you were going to hit 1000 without counting the nickels.

Now let me address the fact that you found 1000 silver coins in one season, the best I can..... :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: ... :clapping:

Great job man!

Bell-Two
12-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Congratulations and well deserved now you can relax....until January 1. :clapping:

Epi-hunter
12-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Angel, there really are no words adequate to say what an incredible accomplishment this is. All from hunted out public parks!! I am so happy for you!!! :happydance01: :cheering:

Thank you for sharing the journey with me. I did not doubt for a second that you would do it.

I would love to see a photo of all those coins together! <:

del
12-24-2010, 10:49 PM
well i guess i can take that jackhammer back to Taylor rental now and that roll of 1952 silver rosevelt dimes i purchased earlier today from the coin shop as you won't be needing them . :teasing: lol lol
seriously though Angel i had no doubt you'd make the millinium mark in the silver department :yes: , an outragious accomplishment even for a skilled detectorist sir . you are truely an amazingly gifted detectorist ....

:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: or an Alien from another planet lol lol rofl
congratulations on an incredible year Angel.

lets see all the silver loot :peace: :peace:

Beefcake
12-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Wooohooo!!! Congrats Angel!!! Words can't say just how amazing of a feat that is! Now... I want to see what a thousand coins pile of silver looks like!!! Put up that pic!

Detect-OR
12-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Angel,

You have accomplished a goal most of us only dream of.

Thanks for your inspiration and letting us join in your quest.

Wishing you continued success next year.

Best Wishes.

Jack

coinnut
12-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Sweet!!!!! I knew you had it in you. lol Congrats on an unimaginable amount of silver in one season. :clapping: :clapping: But you sound like a guy that just retired :dontknow: You still have a couple of good seasons left in ya lol I bet you will enjoy your hunt if you go out this weekend. A well deserved standing ovation is given :peace: :peace: :peace:

jkress
12-25-2010, 12:10 AM
A well deserved standing ovation is given :peace: :peace: :peace:

Here, here.... :beerbuddy:

angellionel
12-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Way to go Angel! That is just an astounding feat of Metal detecting on your part. Congratulations on a year of detecting that was just phenomenal. Man that must be one huge pile of Silver. :happydance01:

Thank you, Jack! Honestly, I did not think I would be able to reach 400 this year, never mind a 1,000, but it happened, and it was a thrilling ride. :yes:

thumbsup01 I really dont think that there is any word in our dictionary that can define your feeling - well done! :peace:

-PP

Thanks PP! :)

Very well done sir... <:

I think everyone here knew you were going to hit 1000 without counting the nickels.

Now let me address the fact that you found 1000 silver coins in one season, the best I can..... :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: ... :clapping:

Great job man!

I am still in shock actually. :shocked01: I am certain that this is something I won't ever accomplish again, so I will definitely treasure the moment. :smitten: Thank you for the continued encouragement Joe. thumbsup01

Congratulations and well deserved now you can relax....until January 1. :clapping:

Thank you BT! :beerbuddy: I think next year will be a fun one too. :yes:

Angel, there really are no words adequate to say what an incredible accomplishment this is. All from hunted out public parks!! I am so happy for you!!! :happydance01: :cheering:

Thank you for sharing the journey with me. I did not doubt for a second that you would do it.

I would love to see a photo of all those coins together! <:

Thank you Angie. You have been a great source of encouragement. Even when I did not think it possible, you believed that it could be done. Thank you for your friendship, and for not allowing me to let up. It truly has been a fun ride we shared.

I will try to take several photos in the next few days. :)

well i guess i can take that jackhammer back to Taylor rental now and that roll of 1952 silver rosevelt dimes i purchased earlier today from the coin shop as you won't be needing them . :teasing: lol lol
seriously though Angel i had no doubt you'd make the millinium mark in the silver department :yes: , an outragious accomplishment even for a skilled detectorist sir . you are truely an amazingly gifted detectorist ....

:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: or an Alien from another planet lol lol rofl
congratulations on an incredible year Angel.

lets see all the silver loot :peace: :peace:

lol lol The jackhammer would have come in handy during a few of those hunts. lol Thank you Dan! thumbsup01

Wooohooo!!! Congrats Angel!!! Words can't say just how amazing of a feat that is! Now... I want to see what a thousand coins pile of silver looks like!!! Put up that pic!

I am curious to see what they all look like pile up together. :cheesysmile: I do wish you much success in your hunts this coming year!

Angel,

You have accomplished a goal most of us only dream of.

Thanks for your inspiration and letting us join in your quest.

Wishing you continued success next year.

Best Wishes.

Jack

Thank you Jack! I truly appreciate it. :)

Sweet!!!!! I knew you had it in you. lol Congrats on an unimaginable amount of silver in one season. :clapping: :clapping: But you sound like a guy that just retired :dontknow: You still have a couple of good seasons left in ya lol I bet you will enjoy your hunt if you go out this weekend. A well deserved standing ovation is given :peace: :peace: :peace:

Yes, retired. lol I think next year I will concentrate on finding other types of old coins as well as gold, though I will never pass up silver. :cheesysmile: There are several members who I believe next year will have triple digit silver coin finds. It will be fun reading about the hunts and seeing the great finds being made. :yes:

Thank you for always being a source of encouragement as well George! :beerbuddy:

wild willy
12-25-2010, 05:14 AM
awesome bro!! i new you could do it. i gotta hook up with a couple of you guys next year. :clapping: willy

BHNugget
12-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Congrats Angel!! thumbsup01 That '57 that got you to 1000 deserves a display case of its own. :beerbuddy:

coinnut
12-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Congrats Angel!! thumbsup01 That '57 that got you to 1000 deserves a display case of its own. :beerbuddy:

Yeah, but does he remember the first silver coin he found this year? lol

leslie(nova scotia)
12-25-2010, 09:08 AM
From the land of th Bluenose....millstone big time. Awesome me bouy!

angellionel
12-25-2010, 09:23 AM
awesome bro!! i new you could do it. i gotta hook up with a couple of you guys next year. :clapping: willy

Thanks Willy! :beerbuddy: We definitely need to get together next year. :yes:

I think you are right. It will be one I will remember for years to come. :yes: Thank you BH! :beerbuddy:

Yeah, but does he remember the first silver coin he found this year? lol

I sure do remember! :drool: :drool: lol It was the 1892-S Barber Quarter. :smitten: :smitten:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=757.0

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=813.0

From the land of th Bluenose....millstone big time. Awesome me bouy!

Thank you, Les! thumbsup01

odave
12-25-2010, 10:42 AM
:clapping: :clapping: Congratulations on a Spectacular achievement !! :clapping: :clapping:

Goat Rancher
12-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Big Congrats :clapping: That was great year for you. thumbsup01

yazoo
12-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Congratulation on a hell of a endeavor.Very few even find 1000 coins in a year let alone it all be silver.My hats off to you Angel . Great Job! Yazoo

top pop top
12-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Awesome achievement :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy: :peace: I thought I was doing good with 24 silver coins :envious: :envious: :envious:

angellionel
12-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys!! :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

li tom
12-25-2010, 10:34 PM
That is an unprecedented feat.In 4+ years detecting and reading detecting forums,I have never seen anyone do 1,000.I have seen a couple of guys do around 500 and they were far in front of everybody else.Not only numbers but so many Seateds,Coppers and even Capped.We are all in awe!! :clapping:

dave in iowa
12-25-2010, 11:41 PM
The real Silver KIng , congradulations Angel :peace: :clapping:

giant056
12-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Big congrats on all them silvers Angel thumbsup01

hobbes_lives
12-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Angel, that's quite an accomplishment! thumbsup01

Have a happy and safe new year!

angellionel
12-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Thank you, everyone! The encouragement and kind words expressed throughout the year were quite motivating. thumbsup01

Congratulations Angel, that's quite an accomplishment! thumbsup01

Have a happy and safe new year!

Thank you! I wish you a happy and very successful new year! :beerbuddy:

Carver
12-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Big congrats to you on #1000!!!!! That's one heckuva year <: <: <: <:

zrickkid
12-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Nice job Angel. Those water hunts mid season really helped you to get there. Hope you can duplicate your success next season! Why not put out your own DVD on e-trac hunting? It could make you a few bucks im sure!

tanacat
12-26-2010, 03:17 PM
:cheering: :clapping: :happydance01: :beerbuddy: Congrats Angel- I knew you'd make it!

Like Epi said, I'd like to see all that silver together in a pile. I bet you could practically swim in it thumbsup01 So how do you store them all- coin sleeves? Mason jars for the rosies? A friend of mine does that...

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
i knew you were gonna do it! told ya! :tongue: :teasing: congrats buddy!

sniffy
12-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Thats it? rofl wow....

SeabeeRon
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Congratulations Angel!! I never doubted you would make it! Thanks for a heckofa year detecting!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

milco
12-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Outstanding season! Simply amazing and an inspiration to everyone!

angellionel
12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Big congrats to you on #1000!!!!! That's one heckuva year <: <: <: <:

Thank you Carver! thumbsup01

Nice job Angel. Those water hunts mid season really helped you to get there. Hope you can duplicate your success next season! Why not put out your own DVD on e-trac hunting? It could make you a few bucks im sure!

Thanks ZKid! :beerbuddy: The Excalibur did its part too. :yes: I had a lot of fun this year detecting in shallow water, and it paid off very well too. Below is a breakdown of which machines I used this year and last year, as well as the amount of silver found with each. The first list is the count without the wartime silver nickels.

http://www.angellionel.com/misc/silverfoundwith.jpg

:cheering: :clapping: :happydance01: :beerbuddy: Congrats Angel- I knew you'd make it!

Like Epi said, I'd like to see all that silver together in a pile. I bet you could practically swim in it thumbsup01 So how do you store them all- coin sleeves? Mason jars for the rosies? A friend of mine does that...

I keep the Rosies in a ziplock bag, but the better condition ones I keep either in an album or in 2X2s. :yes:

i knew you were gonna do it! told ya! :tongue: :teasing: congrats buddy!

Thanks Dave! You did call it! thumbsup01 I did cover both bases though.... with and without the wartime silver nickels. lol

Congratulations Angel!! I never doubted you would make it! Thanks for a heckofa year detecting!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you Ron! :beerbuddy:

Outstanding season! Simply amazing and an inspiration to everyone!

This year is one I will not forget, that's for sure. It was a lot of fun, and filled with some exciting finds. :yes: Thank you Milco!

Diggler
12-27-2010, 02:06 PM
thumbsup01

Stang1968
12-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Way to go! That's phenomenal. I can't wait for the yearly re-cap similar to last years- You'll need to make it a 5 part post instead of just the two!

randy
12-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Congrats Angel <: <: <: <:

It was alot of fun spectating all year. :beerbuddy:

Cheap Thrills
12-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Taa-daa , drum roll + fireworks thumbsup01 thumbsup01 :peace: :clapping: <: You did it !! Congratulations . Gonna' go out and get a few more before the year ends ?

angellionel
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Way to go! That's phenomenal. I can't wait for the yearly re-cap similar to last years- You'll need to make it a 5 part post instead of just the two!

I was thinking of doing something similar as last year's summary post, but I may have to limit the photos to a select few per page. :yes: Thanks, Stang! thumbsup01

Congrats Angel <: <: <: <:

It was alot of fun spectating all year. :beerbuddy:

Thanks, Randy! :beerbuddy: I definitely had a lot of fun this year. :happydance01:

Taa-daa , drum roll + fireworks thumbsup01 thumbsup01 :peace: :clapping: <: You did it !! Congratulations . Gonna' go out and get a few more before the year ends ?

lol Thank you Sheik! :peace: I was hoping to try to find a few more before the year ends, but it looks like the snow we just had will cancel out such plans. I barely made it as it is. lol

hockeyguy
12-28-2010, 05:27 PM
That's great for you. For us it is good and bad. Knowing this can be achieved is amazing.....knowing the the system is so depleted is bad.

Great job Angel; you are an MD olympian!

exsquid
12-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Just wanted to give you my WooHoo, as well... Cannot even imagine what that must be like ending the year witrh over 1000's silvers.....INCREDIBLE....

I am, by the way, thrilled that you chose to honor my request for a 57' Rosie to be your 1000th coin... :peace:

That makes two of us (for sure) that will remember that incredible accomplishment and the coin that did it!!!
<:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Stang1968
12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I think you should try to find a few more in the next few days. Nevermind all that snow...

angellionel
12-29-2010, 04:32 PM
That's great for you. For us it is good and bad. Knowing this can be achieved is amazing.....knowing the the system is so depleted is bad.

Great job Angel; you are an MD olympian!

Thanks Aaron. There are many sites where silver coins still hide in the trashier areas of parks and similar grounds. Those who are patient enough when working such sites will be able to rescue many of those coins. ;)

Just wanted to give you my WooHoo, as well... Cannot even imagine what that must be like ending the year witrh over 1000's silvers.....INCREDIBLE....

I am, by the way, thrilled that you chose to honor my request for a 57' Rosie to be your 1000th coin... :peace:

That makes two of us (for sure) that will remember that incredible accomplishment and the coin that did it!!!
<:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you, Larry! :beerbuddy: That '57 Rosie was a complete surprise to me as I was not expecting to find one from the particular area I was working. But silver is silver. :peace: Yeah, that is one Roosevelt dime I will always remember. lol

I think you should try to find a few more in the next few days. Nevermind all that snow...

I would love to find a few more before the year ends. :yes: The snow is not a motivator though. lol

Ill Digger
12-30-2010, 12:33 AM
At the rate I'm goin' it'll be 2032 and I'll posting about my 1000th silver coin :shocked01:
That's truly a inhuman feet !! thumbsup01
You are one with the E-Trac :yes:
Big Congrats Angel !!! :happydance01: :clapping: :envious:

Napa Steve
12-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Wow!!!! awesome year of hunting Angel, it don't get much better that that :clapping:

Nitro 54
12-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Awesome would be a understatement WTG :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: