PDA

View Full Version : Snow...... YIPPEE!!!!

Epi-hunter
12-24-2010, 11:21 PM
<: I know everyone will think I'm insane but after living in the south for 3 years (Kentucky) I am back in eastern Iowa for Christmas and we have SNOW!! It's awesome. These photos were actually taken before the end of the day -- now we have another several inches on top of it.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/snow1.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/snow2.jpg

I love it! :happydance01:

I discovered today that my car has an indicator that lights up on the dashboard when the car goes into a skid on ice. It lights up neon orange just to the left of the speedometer as the outline of a car with curvy skid marks behind it. Useful! As my car was catapulting sideways this evening into oncoming traffic and towards the opposite ditch while I frantically tried to correct it, I was definitely glad to have that indicator light tell me that the car was sliding. 8/ :twirlingeyes: lol

Oh well.

I almost brought my detector along on this trip. As much fun as that would have been, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe in a few months.

Happy holidays everyone :)

del
12-24-2010, 11:42 PM
ah :shocked04: look at all that white stuff , you can keep it :yes: lol lol . right now theres no snow here in Connecticut and its not to cold , it kind of reminds me of a Phoenix , Arizona Christmas as a kid . nice pictures though Angie and as for the car indicator lights go , we use to call those dummy lights because if you need them to tell you your car is skidding or low on oil or your engine is overheating after the fact well your a dummy. lol lol lol i think the engineers were bored and needed something extra to do to justify the extra 8 grand price tag lol lol i'm sure in the near future they will have a lighted car falling off a cliff indicator or a lighted car engulfed in flames indicator lol lol lol the problem with these all is its always a little too late when they come on . please be careful out there Angie .

Dan

Epi-hunter
12-24-2010, 11:46 PM
ah :shocked04: look at all that white stuff , you can keep it :yes: lol lol . right now theres no snow here in Connecticut and its not to cold , it kind of reminds me of a Phoenix , Arizona Christmas as a kid . nice pictures though Angie and as for the car indicator lights go , we use to call those dummy lights because if you need them to tell you your car is skidding or low on oil or your engine is overheating after the fact well your a dummy. lol lol lol i think the engineers were bored and needed something extra to do to justify the extra 8 grand price tag lol lol i'm sure in the near future they will have a lighted car falling off a cliff indicator or a lighted car engulfed in flames indicator lol lol lol the problem with these all is its always a little too late when they come on . please be careful out there Angie .

Dan

Thanks Dan :)

We have always called them idiot lights. I thought the car skidding one really won the prize for idiocy lol I couldn't believe it. I actually was laughing as I was trying not to wreck my car rofl

angellionel
12-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Keep that snow away from here! :bop: We still have a few days of detecting left this month. lol You do love the snow though. :yes:

coinnut
12-25-2010, 12:00 AM
I actually was laughing as I was trying not to wreck my car rofl

Angie, please no more wrecked cars rofl Be good...drive like a little old lady, so you can make it to next season when we push Angel over the edge, as he tries for 2000 silver coins lol I like the snow a lot, especially where it is located ;)

Epi-hunter
12-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Angie, please no more wrecked cars rofl Be good...drive like a little old lady, so you can make it to next season when we push Angel over the edge, as he tries for 2000 silver coins lol I like the snow a lot, especially where it is located ;)

My car is in PERFECT condition! lol The idiot light saved me rofl

I don't think I can push Angel for 2000. :shocked04: I might get killed. :shocked04: It sounds like he is bailing out of the silver count next year to focus on a diversity of finds :grin: :yes: I may have to put the whip away. :yes:

I wish you a very white -- as in twelve or fifteen inches white -- Christmas George lol

pulltabsteve
12-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Nice pictures Angie! Can I detect around the house in the 1st pic? :grin: Snow is nice to look at, but thats about it. I prefer nice sunny days. thumbsup01 These are pics from last year around this time. Merry Christmas, Enjoy the snow and drive safe!

Goat Rancher
12-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Cool pics, but way too much snow for this OLD Hoosier.

del
12-25-2010, 08:24 PM
I wish you a very white -- as in twelve or fifteen inches white -- Christmas George lol

well thanks George and Angie :ticked:Angie for cursing G with 12 to 15 inches of the dreaded white stuff and George , no.1 for p!$$ing off Angie into giving you the curse ( you have always had a way with the ladies my friend lol lol ) and no.2 for living so close to me :ticked:. thanks buddy i owe you one :rolleyes: i'll say this when you make Angie mad she lets you know it and holds nothing back lol lol :teasing:, we will be getting slammed with a nice blizzard tomarro morning to tuesday morning with expected snowfall from 12 plus inches or more before its all said and done . thanks again you two . :beerbuddy:

coinnut
12-25-2010, 08:43 PM
well thanks George and Angie :ticked:Angie for cursing G with 12 to 15 inches of the dreaded white stuff and George , no.1 for p!$$ing off Angie into giving you the curse ( you have always had a way with the ladies my friend lol lol ) and no.2 for living so close to me :ticked:. thanks buddy i owe you one :rolleyes: i'll say this when you make Angie mad she lets you know it and holds nothing back lol lol :teasing:, we will be getting slammed with a nice blizzard tomarro morning to tuesday morning with expected snowfall from 12 plus inches or more before its all said and done . thanks again you two . :beerbuddy:

Geeze Angie, he's so touchy in his old age. :rolleyes: He never used to be that way, but now it's like it's too cold out we may get some snow I wanna find a copper rofl I may ship him to Kentucky for a while :thinkingabout:

Epi-hunter
12-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Nice pictures Angie! Can I detect around the house in the 1st pic? :grin: Snow is nice to look at, but thats about it. I prefer nice sunny days. thumbsup01 These are pics from last year around this time. Merry Christmas, Enjoy the snow and drive safe!

Steve, that sign is EXACTLY what my idiot light looks like lol rofl

Wow, that is a lot of snow. Looks like fun <:

That house used to be an old hotel; now it's a bed and breakfast. Can't detect there; I've tried :crying02:

Epi-hunter
12-25-2010, 09:09 PM

My pleasure lol rofl :frozen: :frozen:

Schrecky
12-26-2010, 08:01 PM
This picture of my house was taken on 12/07/10. During the first two weeks of December we received around 80. Total so far this month is 89. I live in the snow belt south east of Erie, PA and Lake Erie. We get around 150 a year, we may beat that average this year. I still love the snow.

Epi-hunter
12-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Cool, Schrecky!!

I still love the snow :) I have to say that after today, I am reminded of the reasons why I don't like it so much. I got my car stuck in a snowbank this afternooon and my stepfather and two sons had to come and push me out. :cheesysmile:

I took a photo of my car stuck in the snowbank but I'm not going to post it lol

jkress
12-27-2010, 07:55 AM
We get around 150 a year, we may beat that average this year.

and...

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/Contest/pictures/picture-2.jpg

.... no more complaining from me about the snow here. :shocked04:

I took a photo of my car stuck in the snowbank but I'm not going to post it lol

... yep, you should post it. lol

Carver
12-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Great pics there Angie! I'm south of Iowa City about an hour,,,,only 4 here. I too like the snow,,,that's why I live in Iowa,,,the change of seasons is great!!

Hey Steve,,,,,you look WAY younger than you used to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

pulltabsteve
12-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey Steve,,,,,you look WAY younger than you used to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Its the metal detecting :grin: :yes: thumbsup01 rofl

Spiderwort
01-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice snow pictures people. Just a reminder to me why I swore I would never live north of Indianapolis again.

odave
01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Cool Pic's Angie !!

Nitro 54
01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Thats way to much snow for me :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: