PDA

View Full Version : BLIZZARD

pulltabsteve
12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
We got hit hard here on Long Island. I know some of you New Englanders got it too. Last year I did the cash for clunkers thing and got rid of a 1996 blazer and bought a 2009 Civic. I work 30 miles away and figured it would be a good idea to save gas. Also they gave me $4,600. for a truck that was worth $1000. <: I liked the car in the summer....HATE it now. Woke up this morning at 4AM to plow out the driveway. The town DIDNT plow the road 8/ I headed to work at 5:45. Got the car stuck at 5:46 at the end of my street. It took me 40 minutes to shovel the car out, go around the block and pull back into my driveway. rofl Anybody want to buy a car?

Carver
12-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I heard you guys got hit hard Steve. We got it on the 24th mostly,,,,but only got 4 instead of 6 or 8
No,,,,don't need a car,,,,I'll keep my Tacoma 4x4 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :grin:

Epi-hunter
12-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Sorry for your pain :-\ I had the same experience yesterday digging my own car out; although it's a little heavier than a Civic, when it's stuck, it's stuck lol Just remember that this isn't the normal weather pattern :frozen:

odave
12-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Bummer Steve ..I'll keep My Tundra 4x4 ....Stay Safe Buddy :frozen: :beerbuddy:

coinnut
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Bummer Steve ..I'll keep My Tundra 4x4 ....Stay Safe Buddy :frozen: :beerbuddy:

Yep, ditto on the Tundra. I wouldn't trade the 4 wheel drive for anything. But out of 4 wheel, they slide like a boulder on grease. lol Angie, your car is awful in the snow. That was the first thing we realized when we got ours. All that weight makes for a heavy missle comin' at you lol

del
12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
yes thanks to Angie and her wrath :beatdown: i'm looking at about a foot of snow :mad: but my 4wd ride doesn't get stuck in snow banks since i put on the 5 inch lift and 12,000lb. winch and i charge alot less than a tow truck (usually free unless you drive a civic lol rofl rofl :teasing: :happydance01: sorry Steve don't need the civic :poke:

Dan

Epi-hunter
12-27-2010, 02:52 PM
I want one of those mean-looking things Dan lol

I didn't know my car was supposed to be bad in the snow :confused: So now maybe I don't feel so badly lol I didn't exactly get it stuck in a snow DRIFT... it was more like a little hump of snow. :cheesysmile: But I was stuck.

Don't need the Civic Steve! lol

pulltabsteve
12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
yes thanks to Angie and her wrath :beatdown: i'm looking at about a foot of snow :mad: but my 4wd ride doesn't get stuck in snow banks since i put on the 5 inch lift and 12,000lb. winch and i charge alot less than a tow truck (usually free unless you drive a civic lol rofl rofl :teasing: :happydance01: sorry Steve don't need the civic :poke:

Dan

Last chance.... I'll even consider an even trade for a 79 bronco with a rotted out frame :thinkingabout: lol

giant056
12-28-2010, 12:27 AM
I still have my old Ford F150, it gets about 18 on the highway and don't really know around town but I've never been stuck with it and it's just a 2 wheel drive, right now there's enough snow in the back of it and I'm getting really good traction :grin:

Evan/tn
12-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Yep I'll take a blazer in the snow over a civic any day